Brewer Fanatic

Austin Ross

BrewersAA

Would like to get some thoughts on this guy.

The beginning of last year a lot of people, including myself, were clamoring for him to get bumped to high A from low A. What was frustrating was that the front office seemingly waited until he cooled off before they bumped him, I am a firm believer that you bump a guy when hes hot so he can carry that confidence to the next level and tougher competition; I believe it serves them well. Then when Austin got to high A he got shelled repeatedly, and I got shelled with "I told you so's."

I am not saying here that he is any better than he showed in the second half of last season, but with a start like last season and the start hes off to now, I am wondering if the talent is there and maybe his arm was abused a little in college?? Does anyone know anything about his program or his workload, because his numbers are really looking more or less like he faded rather than he was over matched in high A. That leads me to believe that in his first full season maybe his arm got tired because of some previous abuse or something... Let me know what you guys think about that and about his potential, if any.

Archived