Brewer Fanatic

Woodchucks Gorman Thomas Bobblehead

TURBO

A VERY rare bobble. One of the most rare Brewer related bobbles out there. Not as rare as the Attanasio, but it is in the next level.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/turborickey/brewers/GormanWoodchucks.jpg

Does anyone need one and willing to make a trade?

I have the opportunity to get an extra one, so if someone is interested in making a deal, let me know.

What I need:

2002 - Don Money SGA Beloit Snappers with box

2003 - "Patriotic Snappy" Mascot Beloit Snappers SGA Bobble with box

2003 - Brad Nelson High Desert Mavericks SGA Bobble with box

2004 - JJ Hardy High Desert Mavericks SGA Bobble with box

2006 - "Brewsteer" Mascot Beloit Snappers SGA Bobble with box

2008 - George Plaster Nashville Sounds SGA Bobble with box

2009 - Ryan Braun SGA bobble with box (w/ Bob Uecker homerun call)

2012 Nashville Sounds:

July 19 - Richard Sterban

July 24 - Corey Hart

July 28 - Ozzie Paintable Bobblehead

2012 Huntsville Stars:

June 17 - Father's Day Mystery (TBD)

2012 Lakeshore Chinooks:

July 29 - Gill the Chinook (mascot)

Bill Hall Track Suit Bobblehead

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

How many are out there? I've seen it around, though I never look into it because the Woodchucks aren't a Brewers affiliate. I'd say the IceMan bobble has replaced the Attanasio or Bill Hall Track Suit because those actually pop up on eBay once in awhile. I'm yet to see an Iceman show up (though I haven't looked hard since it first came out).

When is the last time you saw it on ebay?

They just aren't available.

A lot of collectors I know have it on their want list, but don't own it.

It's limited to 500 just like a bunch on the above trade list. It's not as rare as one would think. The problem is the team is located way north and a bunch of people who got them at the game don't care about it, and very few would think to place it on eBay. I'm looking for one myself because although mine is auto'd it's missing the front plaque, but with that said I'd only be willing to trade 1:1 for another bobble limited to 500.

As an aside I've never seen the Iceman on eBay. That IS a rare bobble. At one point I was tempted to put mine on there just to see what it would fetch...

If a bobble is hard to get because it never comes up anyplace for sale or trade, doesn't that make it rare?

I'm quite sure that that Gorman bobble is RARE, very rare. Unless you know for certain that there are a lot of people who have it but don't care enough to throw it on ebay, I don't think that is a fair statement to make. Are there Gormans tucked away in people's closets, forgotten about? Sure, like all bobbles, some people have them and don't know what they have.

It doesn't matter the reason a bobble is scarce, what matters is, can you get one. In this case, they never come up for sale or trade, in my eyes that makes it rare.

Attanasio

Hall tracksuit

Ice Man

These 3 are the toughest to aquire, but if you collect Brewers related bobbles, the Gorman is 100% for certain on the next level of rareness, along with the powder blue Molitor imo. There are others you can lump in this level, the talking Braun is another one, but as a collector, if you can't find it anyplace, and you've been searching for a few years, it is rare no matter how you look at it.

I'm not arguing. IMO rarity is based on number. The three aforementioned are rare based on production number alone. Talking Braun not as much as Gorman since there were 1000 vs 500 respectively produced. The fact that not a lot of a certain bobble show up in eBay is purely by chance, and by no means does gauging one avenue's availability of a product make something rare.

Good point....however I would say the Gorman is more rare than the powder blue molitor....and to be perfectly honest, I've seen more attanasio bobbles than Gorman Thomas woodchucks ones....something to say about that...

If 500 are made then 500 are made. One can argue the number produced, or the availability. As I said in that trading thread I had never seen the Indians Rowdie pop up before. I had to get it, even with no box. Would it have been nice to come with a box? Sure. But being the first time I've seen it, and knowing it was produced in 2002 and just a mascot, who knows how many survived or when the next one will show up. I could make an argument that this bobble could be in that top tier as well.

Note: Again, I don't care much about the Woodchucks bobbleheads since none of those guys played for them, and they really don't have anything to do with the Brewers. It's just a smart marketing ploy to get people to come to games. The only ones I really understand is the Gantner ones since he's a manager.

Are they then only 2 out there? I would assume that there are no more. Pretty cool for the collection.

Care to share how much they cost you?

• 3 weeks later...

I actually went to this game. Jim Gantner was the then new coach and although they weren't affiliated with the Brewers, they just generally had a lot of Brewer related promos going. That night was Gorman Thomas Night. The line for bobbles started surprisingly early. They gave away bobbles to the first 500 and scheduled Gorman for a one hour signing. A lot of bobbles were signed that night too. I also saw fair amount broken in the stands as kids were playing with them like action figures.

I can tell you that like many of the other Woodchuck bobbles, not many of these ever make it out of Wausau.

And BTW, that bobble is one of the finest and most detailed bobbles made. I love this one.

(Gorman was very agitated by all the questions about the "New Brewers" during his signing. He even "pfft'd" one guy and said, "I don't care. I got my ring." Then just held up his fist showing an '82 ALCS ring. I thought he was a complete prick, but the ring was magnificent. I gawked at it for as long as I could.)

Archived