Brewer Fanatic

Orlando Arcia

HiAndTight

Any thoughts where this kid is going to start out the year?

There are no absolutes and obviously how one team handles it's players is differently from how another does.

But I'd really like to see the Brewers start to get a little more aggressive with their prospects. I don't know yet if Arcia is the next Starlin Castro, though I do like his chances to be a big league SS in the future(though it's so far away it's just speculation, more reason to be excited).

He just seems like a kid who at 17 is primed to get pushed a little bit. I frankly don't see any problem giving him some games in Wisconsin before letting him play in Helena next year. I just don't see a whole lot for him to gain from another year in the DSL.

In fact, I'm curiou as to others thoughts on how many from that team will be brought over this year. Does Sosa come as well? Perhaps Torezz as well. Any thoughts?

But the bottom line is I want to see the same approach taken with Arcia as Melvin said he was going to take with Thornburg, ie, start to push him aggressively.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I feel very strongly that he will debut in Helena as they did with Escobar. Spring Training he was an everyday starter from A to AAA while almost all the other rookie kids stayed in the rookie camps. Not only did he start everyday, he more than handled himself.

If Rivera was to get injuried, I could see him doing what Rivera did last year. I feel his bat could adjust way more than Yadiel's. He has way more plate disipline and makes a lot of contact (Rivera has a mile long swing).

I think a lot depends on the draft this year. If they draft a college SS in the top 10 rounds I highly doubt they would send him to Arizona and Arcia to Helena, however if they drafted a HS SS early, that kid would prob go to Arizona wile Arcia jumps to Helena

Eighter way he will be in Wisconsin in 2013 at 18 and be the everyday, then hopefully Huntsville by 2015 at 20, and Majors to start 2017 at 22. That would be the idea plan and about the same as Escobar's path.

With Rivera one step ahead, hard to see him making to many mid-season jumps unless Rivera is as well.

Archived