Brewer Fanatic

KC Brewers Road Trip

kestrel79

Me and the girlfriend are heading to KC this June for a game or two. Anyone ever been to Kaufman Stadium before? I hear it's really nice, I'm looking forward to checking it out. We were thinking about camping somewhat close to Kansas City? Any cool parks around or is it just all plains? Also I'd love to eat some KC BBQ, what are the best places to eat?

Looking forward to scratching another ballpark off the Brewers Road Trip list.

Love Kansas City, have visited a couple times.

The plaza area is really nice. A lot of shops, bars, and restaurants. Power and Light is okay as well. Definitely check out Boulevard Brewing's tour, very solid brewery. The WWI museum and Liberty Tower is great for history buffs, I really enjoyed it. Never got to the Negro League museum, that's tops on my list for the next trip.

As far as BBQ goes, the best meal I've had there was at Jack Stack. Gates and Arthur Bryants are the the old standbys. The burnt ends sammich at Gates was worth the trip alone.

We're gonna be spending the first night of our honeymoon at the ballpark. I can't wait. I've driven by Kaufman a handful of times, but never stopped there. We're looking forward to the BBQ, but probably can't do much else, as we'll be on a mission to take Route 66 to the end on a kinda limited schedule.

we'll be on a mission to take Route 66 to the end on a kinda limited schedule.

That sounds like fun! Don't forget to say hi in spirit to ol' pitchleague when you hit Kingman, AZ on your trip!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• 1 month later...
I think I'm heading out there as well. Any recommendations on things to do and places to eat would be appreciated. I'll be spending a lot of time researching BBQ the next few weeks...

Best 3 in the city:

Arthur Bryant's

Oklahoma Joes

Gates

I found a really nice down home style resturant in riverside, called Corner Cafe, worth a look if you are in that area.

As for things to do, there isn't a whole lot in KC, but obviously the Negro League Museum is cool, as well as the WW1 one as well.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I'm sure it's a nice enough place, but after a lot of research this week I am convinced that there is very little to do other than eat BBQ and go to a Royals game in Kansas City.

Which is fine, I can work with that.

Archived