Brewer Fanatic

Papermakers

Hoops03
i seem to remember at the brewers on deck, they had them on display and all had the time warner logo....and wish me luck on getting this set of 5 as I was the one that bought it this morning

Great find...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Me and my bro went to the game last night and each got the red Appleton Foxes bobble, the best in my opinion....damn was it cold though, left in the 4th inning, so during my morning prep for opening day, just kept checkin ebay and came across it...Thanks and I'll let you knoow when I get the set, these are some high quality bobbles

All full time employees got one...not sure what the number is on that

So they probably did not give out 250 of the papermakers version then. Probably closer to 200.

A lot of the bobble boxes were pretty beat up, was wondering how that can happen.

Also wondered if the company shipped them randomly in the boxes of the other 4, or if the T-Rats staff inserted the Papermakers version into the boxes by hand.

There could probably be as few as 150 of them that made it into the hands of the fans coming though the gates...

I got the scoop from an inside source....here are the details that will put all questions to rest...there were 1200 of each of the base set bobbles. There were 250 papermakers bobbles made. However, when placing the order with AGP there was a mix up and only 5000 time Warner cable plaques were ordered.....therefore....brace yourself collectors....50 of the 250 papermakers were made without name plates and a plaque....

I don't feel the need to have one with and one without the plaque.

Just one, either one, is fine with me and to be honest, I'd rather have one with the plaque to match the set.

This whole SGA with the 5 different variartions really turned me off from the start. Am I the only one?

Same here, really annoyed me from the beginning, then on top of the 5 different ones they go and make one super rare and hard to get with only 250 of them.

I completely agree with you, the entire thing is a turn-off. I'm sure they sold a ton more tickets, as almost everyone was making numerous trips back and forth trying to get the 4 commons at the very least.

I'm not sure that selling all those $5 grass seats (which is what the collectors were scooping up like hotcakes) made their profit margin much better. Those bobbles cost cash to make, and they are super nice bobbles. Who foots the bill for the cost of the bobbles? Do the t-rats have to pay part along with the sponsor?

Anyway, in answering your question, I hate the idea of 5 different bobbles at a single game. It is just overkill and ridiculous. Why not spread them out over the course of the season if they have to do 5 different ones?

Got the Papermakers Bobble today, so my set is now complete.

I truly hope they don't intend to pull this kind of crap again. Especially when I have come across a few people who were able to get 2 of them in the same line with a spouse or girlfriend at the same time.

That means they were not mixed in the boxes very well if a group of 2 people get the rare one right next to each other... (I know of 2 instances where this happened)

That Papermakers version has not come up on ebay yet individually. In fact, they have all been pretty scarce on ebay. Mostly sets of the 4 commons have shown up, and a couple individual commons, but that Papermakers version has yet to show up all alone.

That one is going to be REALLY, REALLY hard to get. It seems that most people are either hanging on to them for their collections, or waiting until their value gets ultra high before they get rid of them.

I still hate how the T-Rats did this set. What is the point of having the rare one, why not just do 5 bobbles equally, or as I have mentioned before, do a different version of the bobble on 5 different game nights. If ticket sales was the goal, I think they would sell a lot more tickets doing 5 different games than the way they did it.

I'm kinda over it...if one shows up in my price range, i'll get it...but I think it's incredibly stupid to do make things "rare" when the only people that actually profit off it are the people selling it on ebay...the Rattlers woulda done relatively the same without the limited bobble as they woulda with it

at the brewers on deck when i asked the guy if he's heard any complaints from people saying they have to get all 5 he said "no, actually the fans are pretty excited about it"....either those fans are new to collecting, or they're idiots...this is the kinda garbage that ruins collecting for me...kinda how when comic books started having multiple different covers...thats when I ended collecting those.....in the long run majority end up being worth 10-20...not worth the effort for something worth so minimal in the grand scheme of things...the paper makers will be worth more, but whatever, none of those represent a player anyway

Archived