Brewer Fanatic

Former Brewer Makes Cards Roster

Erik Komatsu, who was hitting .294 for the Brewers AA team when he was traded to Nationals last season, made the 25 man roster for the Cards.

He's a Rule 5 player... book on him is he had foot problems all of 2011 which is why his average dropped from the mid .300's. He had a good spring, 6 for 7 stealing bases with some impact triples and doubles. It looks like Shane Robinson will definitely be the one going down when Craig is ready April 10th, so he has a chance to stick out the year if he does well.

http://redbirdrants.com/hub/erik-komatsus-triple/

Always liked him, wish the best outside when he hits the field against the Crew of course. Congrats to Erik!

Yeah seems like a nice kid and hard worker, probably only because he was raised properly by the Brewers and not the low life Cards organization. Always nice when guys get a surprise and the dream comes true making it out of AA. Remember the last guy that made it right from AA, maybe he'll be as good... I kid.

Don't forget that Scott Linebrink made the Cards as well. I know many aren't too high on him, my wife went to college with him, so I've been a fan. However, I'll still root for him and root strongly against the Cards.

Didn't know that Ol' Gascan was still in baseball. I'll bet that he'll contribute to the 'we blew xxxxxx games that we led after the 6th inning' lament that the Cards fans will go to again this year.

Archived