Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Draft Tools or Software

bigredrobbo
I'm in a keeper league through CBS which drafts (auction) this Sunday. Does anyone use software to help keep tabs on the players taken, players remaining, manager salaries left etc? Every year I seem to spend half my time updating spreadsheets frantically, rather than focusing on my team!

I haven't used one this year, but I used one from rotowire last year and preferred to use excel over it. The rotowire one had a lot of issues and would freeze up and close out on me too, so I didn't want to take the chance that would happen during the draft. There really wasn't much of a benefit to it over excel other than I could keep track of other teams.

We just did our draft on CBS this week. It's not a keeper league and its not an auction, so your experience will be different, but I thought the CBS site did a pretty good job by itself of tracking who was taken, who was on what team, what the draft order was for upcoming picks, and a customizable ranking of the guys left on the board.

All of that was shown in the draft room, which was available after our league commissioner opened it up for us.

As for my own recordkeeping, I just download the composite player list from MLB.com into excel and highlight the guys who have been taken.

http://mlblogsfantasy411.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/composite_projections_032212.xlsx

Your league seems more challenging than mine, so my method may not work for you.

Bigredrobo, you'll have to let me know how the auction goes. We had our league set up on CBS' pay site, which I had heard was the absolute top of the line. I don't think we could have been more disappointed. There were a ton of league set up issues, and then we tried their draft software. I couldn't believe how basic it was. As my friend said, it looked like one of us designed it in a few hours. It didn't even let us rank our players by dollar value, which in an auction draft is incredibly inconvenient.

We left, got our money back, added it to our winnings pool and moved to ESPN. Very disappointed by CBS, at least in their pre-draft setup.

Archived