Brewer Fanatic

2012 uniform discussion

Every year, Uni Watch does a breakdown of the unique uniforms teams across MLB will debut over the course of the upcoming season. This year's version came out today.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7740160/uni-watch-dissects-baseball-uniform-revisions-comprehensive-mlb-2012-season-preview

Interesting that the Brewers will have an Italian night on July 1. First team to do German language and now first to do Italian. I like it.

Additionally, I would love to see the Brewers add a version of what the Giants did with there alternate road uniform. The cap logo across the left breast. A M with barley navy blue or a ball in glove royal blue alternate like this would look fantastic in my opinion.

Anyone care to do a mock up of something like this?

• 2 weeks later...
Toronto/Cleveland today features some great alternates.

I dig the new Toronto unis but personally think the Indians red "C" cap is the ugliest in baseball. Something about the blue lettering on the red cap just rubs me the wrong way.

Almost anything is better than the cartoonish Native American logo, in my opinion

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Toronto/Cleveland today features some great alternates.

I dig the new Toronto unis but personally think the Indians red "C" cap is the ugliest in baseball. Something about the blue lettering on the red cap just rubs me the wrong way.

Almost anything is better than the cartoonish Native American logo, in my opinion

I actually like that logo. I realize it's probably offensive to some people but I'm not Native American so it doesn't offend me. What really irks me is the fact that the Indians wear four different hats...the Brewers wear one (two if you count the ball and glove hat they'll wear about 10 times this year).

Loving the O's old school looking hat with the white front!

I think so many teams can barrow from their past and ditch the modern style logos that so many teams are still going with. Do little things to spice them up maybe, but I feel like so many teams had it right. I know we've talked about this on here before but I would love the old ball and glove hat for the brewers but with the modern colors. That would be soo cool. Fo the record, I do like the hats we have now.

Not to get way off topic but same goes for NFL. Broncos and Pats should go back to their old ones too!

I wish the Brewers would either go with the new ones full time, go back to the ball and glove or find a happy medium and combine the best of the ball and glove and the current set. It seems to me that most fans prefer the ball and glove and the players and organization prefer the current set.

I for one would prefer returning to the past with the ball and glove logo full time with a blend of the old and the new by using the yellow of the ball and glove logo with the navy blue of the current uniform. I also prefer the number and lettering on these far more than the current set. I would prefer they use the ball and glove as the main logo and not the script of the team. Sort of how the Yankees always use the interlocked NY and not anything else.

I also would be ok though with a few minor tweaks to the current set to blend the old with the new. For example, I really hate the gold they use. I would like to see them modify the gold to a more yellow-ish. And my biggest pet peeve...please lose the Times New Roman letters and numerals.

I actually have really gotten to like the current set save the gold and Times New Roman. I especially like our current cap logo. I just think the Brewers should really settle on one or the other and for me, judging by what I see more of, that logo should be the ball and glove with some minor modifications.

Loving the O's old school looking hat with the white front!

Not to get way off topic but same goes for NFL. Broncos and Pats should go back to their old ones too!

Regarding the first comment, I disagree. Every time I have seen an Orioles highlight this season, I swore for a few seconds that I was watching highlight video from 1983 or so. I thought Al Bumbry was roaming centerfield again.

Regarding the final comment, I agree that Denver should go back to the old uniforms. New England I'm kind of torn as I like the new ones better than the old ones but I could handle the Patriot Pete uniforms as well.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I also would be ok though with a few minor tweaks to the current set to blend the old with the new. For example, I really hate the gold they use. I would like to see them modify the gold to a more yellow-ish. And my biggest pet peeve...please lose the Times New Roman letters and numerals.

Most of the fake knockoff jerseys from China you see people wearing at MP use a bright yellow instead of the metallic gold and those jerseys look just terrible IMO.

I do agree with getting rid of the Times New Roman font. Do that, add the Milwaukee wordmark to the grey away jerseys and it would be a pretty nice identity. I really do not want them to go back to the BiG look.

Like many here, I grew up with the old ball/glove and believe it still to be the most awesome & clever logo. But I love the new M/barley logo & the current uniforms that much better. And I think both the gold and the Times New Roman font with the double drop-shadow are awesome. Gold, esp. w/ the navy, is very classy. Yellow is, um, well, definitely yellow and definitely not gold (and yuck on that for just that reason).

The current threads are simple -- they're definitely not flashy -- but they're crisp, visually clean, and downright first class.

I was really disappointed several years ago when the "new alternate uniform" that came out turned out just to be an '82-based retro (I thought the late '80s/early '90s uniforms were actually much more appealing than the '78-'88 look). What I'd hoped to see then, and still really hope to see, is the ball/glove logo as a 2nd sleeve patch in the current colors, plus perhaps on an alternate home cap the way the Twins started using their old TC caps a few years back. . . . . But whether that happens or not, I hope above all that the current uniforms remain basically left alone (save for a World Series Champs sleeve patch or two in the near future).

Yellow is, um, well, definitely yellow and definitely not gold (and yuck on that for just that reason).

Remember the uproar a few years ago when the Packers wanted to change the mustard yellow color on their uniforms to a truer gold?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I found that quite ironic: They're so often referred to as "the green & gold," yet their gold isn't gold at all but a rich yellow, and the idea of actual "gold" color in place of the yellow caused a major adverse reaction in Packerland.

Archived