Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy signs extension- Reportedly 5 years/$11 million

bthurley19

Another cool tidbit, from Tom Haudricourt's nicely detailed & long blog post on the signing:

Lucroy said he consulted with Ryan Braun, who signed a multi-year deal after his rookie season, then a $105 million extension a few years later.

"He was the first person that said to me, 'The first time you get guaranteed money, really strongly consider it,'" said Lucroy. "Just the fact that something could happen. I got hurt last year (broken finger) by a freak accident. You just never know what can happen, especially being a catcher. I don't want to play scared; I want to play secure. The more comfortable you are, the better you play."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've removed 36 posts that were triggered by a suggestion that Luke may be "dumb" because he and Randy Wolf have had trouble getting onto the same page.

If anyone would like to start a topic on the Lucroy-Wolf situation, feel free. However, let's leave allegations about a player's intelligence out of it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Another cool tidbit, from Tom Haudricourt's nicely detailed & long blog post on the signing:

Lucroy said he consulted with Ryan Braun, who signed a multi-year deal after his rookie season, then a $105 million extension a few years later.

"He was the first person that said to me, 'The first time you get guaranteed money, really strongly consider it,'" said Lucroy. "Just the fact that something could happen. I got hurt last year (broken finger) by a freak accident. You just never know what can happen, especially being a catcher. I don't want to play scared; I want to play secure. The more comfortable you are, the better you play."

This is exactly what excited me with the Grienke talk as well. Who better to be preaching Milwaukee and contract than Braun. He is signed for 10'years and if he is one of zach's closest confidants on the team like he was for luc I would think it could end in the same result. Keep working brauny!

Archived