Brewer Fanatic

Carpenter to miss first start

topper09er
Madson, one of the Reds' prized winter acquisitions when he was signed to a one-year, $8.5 million free-agent deal in January, originally came down with what was termed as right elbow irritation in late February.

At the time, the injury was considered minor and something that Madson had experienced before while a member of the Phillies. But it was enough of an issue to keep him out of all of Cincinnati's Spring Training games.

The news on Madson has grown increasingly positive over the past week as he looked good during side bullpen sessions. He threw 20 pitches in a simulated game against three Reds hitters on Tuesday, and reported no issues.

Madson was scheduled to throw in a Minor League game on Friday, but that was scratched on Thursday. No one from the Reds will say what went wrong or what caused the outing to be called off.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120323&content_id=27550958&vkey=news_cin&c_id=cin

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Remember when Wainwright went down before last season and we thought the Cards were screwed?

Yep and they were until Atlanta collapsed down the stretch. They had to trade a top prospect to get the pitching they needed to make a run and they had a healthy Carpenter and Pujols. Now they have a rehabbing Wainwright and Beltran. A loss of Carpenter would be huge to that team

Remember when Wainwright went down before last season and we thought the Cards were screwed?

Yep and they were a .500 team for 90% of the season and went on a crazy run to sneak into the playoffs on the last game and had 3 teams completely choke to give them a world series, what is the point? Yeah when everything bounces your way you can win a championship but that team in no way deserved it. Kind of like the Giants in the NFL they were the 8th or 9th best team in baseball and snuck into a championship.

I hope the crew is the 8th best team in baseball this year and squeaks out a ship... Lol

I'd take it. They aren't likely to be better than the 5th or 6th best any time soon so one year it will just all bounce their way. Last year was a really good shot for it to happen but it just didn't.

Archived