2012 Brewers Minor League Spring Training Box Scores

Mass Haas
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday 3/29 boxes vs. Reds' organization --

AAA: Louisville 10, Nashville 9

Poor day for Wily Peralta on the mound, better at the plate; offensively, 3-hit days for Caleb Gindl and Hainley Statia, Sean Halton 2-for-2 continues a red-hot spring...

R H E

Nashville 9 12 1

Louisville 10 11 2

NASHVILLE AB R H BI

Patterson 4 1 1 1

Ozuna 1 0 0 0

Farris 5 2 1 0

Gindl 4 1 3 1

Gonzalez 5 0 0 0

Caufield 5 1 1 0

Almonte 2 0 0 0

Halton 2 2 2 0

Statia 4 0 3 3

Rivera 1 0 0 0

Buller 3 1 0 0

Peralta 2 0 1 0

Arcia 1 1 0 0

2B: Peralta, Patterson, Caufield

3B: Gindl

IP H R ER BB SO

Peralta 4.2 6 6 6 4 3

Hand 2.1 5 4 1 0 5

Seidel 2 0 0 0 0 2

Brewer Fanatic Staff

AA: Pensacola 7, Huntsville 2

Kyle Heckathorn got the start; four lonely singles for the Stars...

R H E

Huntsville 2 4 0

Pensacola 7 12 0

HUNTSVILLE AB R H BI

Gennett 2 0 0 0

Bolivar 1 1 1 0

Bianchi 2 0 0 0

Morris 3 1 1 0

DavisKh 4 0 1 0

Kjeldgaard 3 0 0 0

Sanchez 2 0 1 2

Zarraga 3 0 0 0

Roberts 1 0 0 0

Haydel 3 0 0 0

Reed 1 0 0 0

Cline 4 0 0 0

Heckathorn 1 0 0 0

De La Rosa 1 0 0 0

IP H R ER BB SO TP

Heckathorn 5 8 3 3 1 3 72

Byrd 2 4 4 3 1 2 35

Sanchez 1 0 0 0 0 0 11

Manzanillo 1 0 0 0 1 1 22

Brewer Fanatic Staff

High-A: Bakersfield 8, Brevard County 3

Don't worry, Brooks Hall, this one didn't count; T.J. Mittelstaedt tweeted after the game about the big league significance of his HR...

R H E

Bakersfield 8 12 0

Brevard County 3 8 1

BREVARD COUNTY AB R H BI

Romero 3 0 0 0

Mittelstaedt 3 1 2 1

Elmore 1 0 0 0

Hawn 3 1 0 0

Krieger 4 0 2 1

Walker 4 0 2 0

Vucinich 2 0 0 1

Velazquez 4 0 1 0

Berberet 4 0 0 0

Dhanani 3 0 1 0

Hart 2 1 0 0

2B: Velazquez

HR: Mittelstaedt

SF: Vucinich

IP H R ER BB SO TP

Hall 2 7 6 6 0 0 29

Marzec 2 0 0 0 1 3 37

Keeling 2 2 0 0 1 0 31

Holle 2 3 2 1 0 0 29

PierceJ 1 0 0 0 0 0 9

Brewer Fanatic Staff

A-ball: Dayton 8, Wisconsin 2

Gee, the Reds' system swept the day; Greg Hopkins homered -- he did that in Miller Park in the "Border Battle"...

R H E

Dayton 8 19 0

Wisconsin 2 5 0

WISCONSIN AB R H BI

Stang 3 1 1 0

Dishon 4 0 1 1

Hopkins 4 1 1 1

McMahan 4 0 0 0

Allison 3 0 2 0

RobertsT 1 0 0 0

Pharr 2 0 0 0

George 3 0 0 0

Paciorek 2 0 0 0

Rogers 1 0 0 0

Williams 0 0 0 0

Rivera 2 0 0 0

2B: Dishon, Stang

HR: Hopkins

IP H R ER BB SO TP

Goforth 3 7 3 3 2 4 56

White 2 5 3 3 2 4 50

Harvey 2 4 0 0 1 1 40

Glynn 2 3 2 2 1 1 29

Really encouraged by the amount of playing time some of the kids have gotten. Arcia and Ozuna has been in lineups everyday, Mike Reed, Chris McFarland, and Jalen Harris have all been plenty AB's. Joel Pierce after an awful last summer has been getting innings. What the encouraging part is that this in my eyes means they have seperated themselves a bit from all the other prospects a bit. Most of those rookie kids stay and work strictly with the rookie coaches playing intersquad games.

I have had the feeling since August signing that if their is a chance to see McFarland make the Gennett leap. He is very versitle and can play 2B, SS, and 3B. Being sandwiched between our 2 frontline Top 20 SS's Rivera and Arcia, it would not surprise me at all if he focuses much more on 3B or 2B. Most scouts have said they see him being more of a 3b than sticking at SS.

Joel Pierce is about the only one of the "young young guns" in that 18-19 (few 20) group who has been getting innings. I cannot see Arcia making Wisconsin due to Rivera but Crew are showing that they really like him. They have played him A - AAA games at 17. Sure he is just a fill in but they think enough of him to get him out of rookie ball games to start him at every level.

So PierceJ is no longer Joel Pierce and Chad Pierce is now both PierceC and PierceJ? ha

I know Chad has been, I follow him pretty closely. I grew up with him in Fondy and played sports with him from teeball and flag football up to we graduated in 2006. Really hope he makes Wisconsin!

Here is a pretty good acticle on Chad if anyone is interested

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/09/27/11/Fond-du-Lac-native-working-up-Brewers-ra/landing_brewers.html?blockID=569644

Sorry on that Pierce info, YG -- my bad...

lol, thats fine Mass, you do so much for this site (even when in retirement!) its unreal. Just grateful with how much you have done this Spring Training after you were going to step away a bit. ST coverage wouldn't be the same.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

ST coverage wouldn't be the same.

I would have much preferred to not be the one to the spring training boxes :rolleyes, but I'm not sure anyone else on the interwebs has access to them, and yes, because they add to the spring training analysis, was happy to do so. Kind of funny I've declared myself box-score free all regular season (something I intend to honor), yet provided those.

So PierceJ is no longer Joel Pierce and Chad Pierce is now both PierceC and PierceJ? ha

I know Chad has been, I follow him pretty closely. I grew up with him in Fondy and played sports with him from teeball and flag football up to we graduated in 2006. Really hope he makes Wisconsin!

Here is a pretty good acticle on Chad if anyone is interested

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/09/27/11/Fond-du-Lac-native-working-up-Brewers-ra/landing_brewers.html?blockID=569644

Having grown up in Fondy also, long, long before young geezy, I'll have to start tracking Pierce. Last Fondy player in Brewer system was Kevin Grater in the late 90's. I remember his dad playing baseball in high school. That's how far back I go.

How do you get the box scores if you dont mind me asking? You know someone with the team or are they posted somewhere?

I asked the same question a couple of years ago when I couldn't find them anywhere on the internet but here, he's obviously very well connected, much more so than many people are probably aware of.

I'm sure he'll elaborate more if he wants to.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived