Brewer Fanatic

2012 Spring/Summer/Fall Weather Thread

hawing
Hey! It's summer!! It's hot! It gets cold and snowy in winter! I am laughing at this coverage of the heat, people are acting like it's never been hot before! Just think about it being -20 windchill and you've got 30 feet of snow on the ground. You'll feel better!

So crazy that its 77 and raining here in Phoenix and 100 degrees in Milwaukee,

yep, 71 in Kingman and loving it! Opened every window in the house!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Hey! It's summer!! It's hot! It gets cold and snowy in winter! I am laughing at this coverage of the heat, people are acting like it's never been hot before! Just think about it being -20 windchill and you've got 30 feet of snow on the ground. You'll feel better!

See OWBC's last post. First time it's 100 in Milwaukee since 1995. It doesn't get this hot very often in this part of the country, especially when it's been as dry as it has been (though I suspect the drought conditions have helped keep the humidity levels at bay a little bit). I'm a rare species that would prefer -20 with snow over this heat. There are few things that are as comfortable for me as being hot, so this is pretty miserable for me.

Also, the highways in this state are not built to withstand such a long period of heat. I'm sure by now, most have seen the video of the car flying through the air after hitting a buckle in the highway. Roads have been buckling all over the state this week, closing roads, and possibly causing injuries.

I could have sworn it was over 100 when I lived in Sheboygan between 2004-2008. But still, I remember when I was growing up, it was hot. Heck, we even lived in a house with no AC for a while. Lots of basement time!! As for the car, how do you not see that and stop or slow down? I don't get it. If it's that big to make your CAR go airborne, you would think it's visible from a distance.

100 is definitely newsworthy in Milwaukee. Back in the 20th century, the city went about 32 years between 100 degree days (mid 1950s to late 1980s). Following that, I believe there was one 100 degree day in 1987 and six in 1988.

I looked for a list of 100 degree days in Milwaukee, but I couldn't find one. It'd be short enough that you'd think that someone would have compiled one.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Down in STL, we are in the midst of what is supposed to be 10 straight days over 100. I saw heat like this in San Antonio back in '98, and when deployed to the UAE in '03, but I expected it there. It's just miserable outside. Not cooling down at night, just hot.

100 is definitely newsworthy in Milwaukee. Back in the 20th century, the city went about 32 years between 100 degree days (mid 1950s to late 1980s). Following that, I believe there was one 100 degree day in 1987 and six in 1988.

I looked for a list of 100 degree days in Milwaukee, but I couldn't find one. It'd be short enough that you'd think that someone would have compiled one.

There were some triple digit temperature days in 1995, too.

Here's a list of top-ten high temperature days for Madison and Milwaukee. It's not exactly what you asked for, but somewhere on the NWS Milwaukee-Sullivan site ought to have it.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mkx&storyid=85075&source=0

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Currently 104 in Janesville, where the today marks the 4th straight day above 100( 102, 101 and 105 the last 3 days). Tomorrow is supposed to break 103, before starting to cool down to 97 then into the high 80s.

I'm a rare species that would prefer -20 with snow over this heat.

I'm with you on that one. You can always put more cloths on to warm up. While this heat doesn't bother me too much, i'd prefer the cold if given the choice.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Something happened the other night that I can never remember happening before. It was 95 at 6:30 and by 8:00 it was 75. No rain or clouds coming in or anything like what normally happens when there is a drastic temp drop. The temp dropped another 5 degrees around sundown and then around 11:00 the thunderstorms hit. Usually the storms come and then the temps drop and that means the front has come through, this time the front came through well before the rains hit. Anyone have an explanantion for me?

Community Moderator
Something happened the other night that I can never remember happening before. It was 95 at 6:30 and by 8:00 it was 75. No rain or clouds coming in or anything like what normally happens when there is a drastic temp drop. The temp dropped another 5 degrees around sundown and then around 11:00 the thunderstorms hit. Usually the storms come and then the temps drop and that means the front has come through, this time the front came through well before the rains hit. Anyone have an explanantion for me?

It was probably the front, but it didn't have any rain associated with it. Not sure what your location is but the lake breeze may have been working in tandem with the front also. The thunderstorms were associated with a separate disturbance. I wasn't paying that close of attention to the weather at the time, but it was probably a mid-level disturbance. Near the front, the atmosphere was capped (i.e. warm at mid-levels) which prevents thunderstorms from forming. The dry weather has also limited low level moisture, which further reduces the number and intensity of any thunderstorms that do form.

weather.com shows a 55-95% chance of rain in FDL at 8-10 PM tonigh.? Can it be true? Looks like a pretty widespread rain shower / thunderstorm is expected. Doesn't look like it extends down to MIL though. If this fizzles out again and FDL is left with nothing I am going to be pretty disappointed

In Madison this year, one out of every 10.5 days has been a record high (19 record highs so far).

I thought the news said last night that we had 21 so far this year. Still, crazy.

We had about a quarter of an inch in Middleton, at least that was the unofficial measurement in my daughter's kiddie pool (that was empty). It's enough that I won't have to water the gardens tonight.

Awesome storm last night; finally got a good drenching. The news said FDL got 2.5 inches last night; internets only says 1.5. Either way it was an awesome night except for my one year old daughter freaking out with the thunder. I love storms like that

EDIT: WTMJ says FDL might have gotten 3-4 inches last night

Archived