Brewer Fanatic

Tim Dillard's Tim Kurkjian impression

TooLiveBrew

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I saw this video of Tim Dillard's Tim Kurkjian impression posted on reddit.

Link

The real Kurkjian deserves credit for just having fun while Dillard absolutely nailed him in the impression. I cackled several times.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I saw this video of Tim Dillard's Tim Kurkjian impression posted on reddit.

Link

The real Kurkjian deserves credit for just having fun while Dillard absolutely nailed him in the impression. I cackled several times.

That made my day. He nailed Kurk.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

The best part was the material and the fact that Tim D. had it down pat. It made the imitation that much better.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

unfortunately, that is now the third different team that has had a player do an impersonation on camera of Kurkjian. This is almost like an inside joke.

Is it funny? Sure. But if everybody is doing it, it becomes less funny.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The great thing about this one is he just kept going. The other guys broke up laughing after 30 seconds or so. And that Kelly Gruber reference was amazing.

It's one thing to be able to sound like someone else's voice. It's another thing entirely to clinically send up a guy, complete with his verbal patterns, squeaks, & the types of stat nuggets he uses. Even something as simple as clearing his throat -- because the timing was killer -- got a huge laugh. I don't know exactly why, but 'the throat clear' had me laughing as hard as anything else.

Dillard has a gift for impressions. To be honest, I thought the Harry Caray shtick was his calling card, & I got kinda tired of it. I was guilty of assuming this dude had no range... how wrong I was!

That....was......one of the most awesomest things I have ever seen. Just for THAT reason alone, Tim Dillard deserves a spot in the bullpen. He seems to be a good guy, and a definite help to keep the clubhouse loose. I hope he pitches well in spring to earn a spot on the team.

Who did the third one?

I think J.P Arencibia's does TJ's voice the best.

http://deadspin.com/5889780/watch-tim-kurkjian-watch-jp-arencibia-do-his-tim-kurkjian-impression

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

To be honest I thought Arencibia's was too exaggerated. It was still funny, but I still think Dillard's was much funnier. It was like Dillard had it scripted, his improvisation was great and it just kept going.

To be honest, I thought the Harry Caray shtick was his calling card, & I got kinda tired of it.

Is it a Harry Carey impersonation or an impersonation of Will Farrel doing a Harry Carey impersonation?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

To be honest, I thought the Harry Caray shtick was his calling card, & I got kinda tired of it.

Is it a Harry Carey impersonation or an impersonation of Will Farrel doing a Harry Carey impersonation?

Yeah, you kinda hit the nail on the head as to why I wasn't in love with it. To be fair, though, almost every HK impression in the post-Will-Ferrell-HK-impression-era seems to be based on Ferrell's

Yeah, you kinda hit the nail on the head as to why I wasn't in love with it. To be fair, though, almost every HK impression in the post-Will-Ferrell-HK-impression-era seems to be based on Ferrell's

True and to be honest I wouldn't even know what a non-Will Farrel Harry Carey impressions would even look like.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Arencibia's is the best when it comes to dead-on accuracy and the Bautista big-ears thing was pure gold (plus the way he pronounced BAU-tista). Dillard's awesomeness came from the exaggeration. The voice itself wasn't nearly as good as Arencibia, but the exaggerated voice cracks, the throat clear, the Corey Hart bit, they were all amazing.

Archived