Brewer Fanatic

2012 T-Rats Rummage Sale

TURBO

Just got home a little while ago from the t-rats rummage sale/season ticket pick-up extravaganza.

I must say, it was very disappointing this year. Tables and tables of clothes, hats, cutsey little stuff, but not a lot of game used items. Prices weren't that great either. I did pick out a bunch of t-shirts for myself, wife and kids after the crowd had thinned. Had I went straight to the clothes, I'm sure I would have found some cool stuff, but that is where the women headed, and getting in the way of women shopping is not wise. (no offnse intended to our women posters)

I got there at about 9:15, sale starts at 10:00, but they let us in at 10:10 and it was freezing cold with the wind. Not the best thing to do to your customers if you have the sale advertised as starting at 10:00. The line when I got there was very small. There were probably 10 people in front of me, however, during the next 30-45 minutes, others joined the groups in front of me, basically cutting in line. I think most of them were just waiting out the cold in their cars, then joining in when they wanted. It annoyed the crap out of me, but I didn't say anything since I was alone. Just couldn't see making the evening news over linejumpers. Of course, there were no employees present to make sure this wasn't going on. By 10:00, the line was pretty long, there had to be 200 people or so.

They had about 20 or so of the 2007 Brewers SGA mini Vukovich bobbles (priced at $5.71). I looked through about 3/4 of the boxes for the blue versions, but found none. A few Prince Fielder, A. Escobar, and a few other retail versions. No extra t-rats SGA bobbles from previous years. I did notice in the team store they still had a few Dave Bush and Jeff Suppan rehab series bobbles left. Not rummage sale priced though, still at $21.99 each. 2 Taylor Greens left too, and one of the employees said that was it, when they are gone, they are gone. Lorenzo Cain bobbles are gone. The rehab sets were produced in a set of 4 (Cain, Green, Bush and Suppan), 96 made of each.

They had the stuff set out down the halls this year, so it was very crowded with people trying to go against the grain of the crowd and your typical rude idiots that have no regard for others. The space they had it set up in just wasn't big enough to handle the crowd. It pretty much sucked.

Last year I picked up the majority of the big name guys locker plates/signs, so that is what I started out looking for right off the bat. I found them, but one guy beat me to them and I assume he plucked the Cody Hawn, Austin Ross and Tyler Thornburg before I had the chance to get my hands on them. I was able to get a few of the others I wanted though, including Carlos Gomez. lol

They had some game used bats, but unless you go directly to them, the good ones were gone pretty fast. I also missed out on the line-up cards, looked like there were quite a few of those too, but by the time I made my way to them, they were pretty much gone. With the way things were set up, it was easy to get burried in a sea of bodies with no way to move or get to another area. It just wasn't shopper friendly.

It wasn't a total loss, but I doubt I will battle the crowds next year. Just wasn't worth the time and freezing for as little as I came home with. I also met Hoops03 from brewerfan.net! It's always fun to put a name with a face. We happened to be standing in line next to each other in the checkout line.

Did anyone else go?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It was a pleasure to meet as well. For a first timer, I would strongly agree....this event flat out was an unorganized mess and not user friendly. The dude at the cash register seemed like a real horses pittut as well...probably won't be back next year...

Anybody interested in exchanging bobbles on opening day so we can all try to complete a full set? As you known they're giving away 5 different ones (1 being the "rare" version) and maybe some of us could meet up to exchange certain ones to complete a set if you are trying to do so. I bought extra tickets today for my family...I've never been to a bobble giveaway day. Anyone know how they handle the giveaway? Do you get them at the door or do you get a voucher? If I have extra tickets do I have to leave to re-enter?

Anybody interested in exchanging bobbles on opening day so we can all try to complete a full set? As you known they're giving away 5 different ones (1 being the "rare" version) and maybe some of us could meet up to exchange certain ones to complete a set if you are trying to do so. I bought extra tickets today for my family...I've never been to a bobble giveaway day. Anyone know how they handle the giveaway? Do you get them at the door or do you get a voucher? If I have extra tickets do I have to leave to re-enter?

I would like to meet and try for the full set. I have 10 tickets as well, so I know I'll have some doubles, but doubt I will get the full set with 10 tickets. When the date gets closer, we should start a thread specifically to see who wants to meet, we can set a time and place and see what happens. I actually talked about this when they announced the 5 different bobbles. It's a great idea!

As far as how the bobbles are given out: When you walk through the gate, you get your ticket scanned, then as you walk through the turnstyle, there will be workers waiting to hand you your bobble. It is one bobble per ticket, so the only drawback is that you DO have to exit the stadium, and re-enter with your next ticket to get another bobble, etc...

The biggest question I have is, are the boxes going to contain a mixture of all 5 bobbles, or are they going to hand out bobbles from boxes that contain the same bobblehead. That will really effect how you'd want to enter the stadium. I think I will give the t-rats front office a call the week before opening day to see how they plan to do it. I'll pass along that information to the board when I get it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived