Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park minutiae: Small changes for MP in 2012

hawing
Dude. I don't know where this beef brisket stand came from. But it was sent from heaven. I saw some dude have some shredded beef and mashed potatos stuffed into a margarita cup. I wolfed down three BBQ Beef Brisket Sliders. Then I had a hot dog in the third inning. In the 6th I found a stand that had that BBQ beef Brisket in a grilled cheese form. Good god there was no more room for the dipping dots after that. Once I got home I found out why they called em sliders. Cant wait to go back to MP again. I'm drunk.

I had the "Food Network" buffalo mac & cheese yesterday. They also have a bacon sloppy joe at the same stand. Mac & cheese was OK but at $7.50, come on. It seems like concession prices at Miller Park keep going up at a rate 25 times faster than inflation. I wanted to push the "Free Shivers" guy and his bin of $7.25 cans of beer over the railing. Yes, I know I can tailgate and also carry in whatever I want and nobody's forcing me to spend money on concessions but the prices really are getting to be absurd.

I wanted to push the "Free Shivers" guy and his bin of $7.25 cans of beer over the railing.

I'm sure mine is a minority opinion, but gah, the Iceman. I know he's beloved and all and he goes to Maryvale and I don't begrudge him any of that, but his "YYYYYYYYYYYO!" flat out haunts my dreams. And every time I'm on the loge (even if I'm just passing through), he's near me belting out his YYYYYYYYYYO!s.

My guilty pleasure sausage of choice at MP last year was the Cheesy Grillwurst, and it doesn't appear on the "Hot Cheese" menu anymore. :( At least we found a Klements equivalent at Woodman's, so I'll just enjoy them at home.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Dude. I don't know where this beef brisket stand came from. But it was sent from heaven. I saw some dude have some shredded beef and mashed potatos stuffed into a margarita cup.

Meat Parfait! They sold those last year...I had one during the playoffs. It is fantastic!

I wanted to push the "Free Shivers" guy and his bin of $7.25 cans of beer over the railing.

I'm sure mine is a minority opinion, but gah, the Iceman. I know he's beloved and all and he goes to Maryvale and I don't begrudge him any of that, but his "YYYYYYYYYYYO!" flat out haunts my dreams. And every time I'm on the loge (even if I'm just passing through), he's near me belting out his YYYYYYYYYYO!s.

My guilty pleasure sausage of choice at MP last year was the Cheesy Grillwurst, and it doesn't appear on the "Hot Cheese" menu anymore. :( At least we found a Klements equivalent at Woodman's, so I'll just enjoy them at home.

So I ordered a "cheesy grillwurst" once last year during a game against the Cubs. Even before ordering, I thought it odd that it just wasn't called a "cheddarwurst." After the concession lady asked me "Are you from Chicago?!?#?" I questioned myself even further, thinking that the menu display was merely a clever joke against non-Wisconsinites who know not of what they order. If so, I guess me and Hawing are in the same boat.

At the customer service counters are ballpark guides/rules. It now includes a chart showing which food you can get and where to get it. It is the one thing we liked on our visit to the HHH, signs to figure out where to get specific food you crave. Or you could get your exercise in and walk all four levels.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Yes, the fan guide is a handy reference. On top of that, the staff at Guest Relations get a "concessions item matrix" (spreadsheet printout) for each game. This shows which stands and portable kiosks are open for a given game - which is relevant for, say, early spring weeknight games that are not sellouts. One of our terrace Guest Relations pals had two copies for a low-attendance game last May and gave me one. Perfect for a minutiae geek like me. The printout I have covers the field, loge and terrace levels.

I had the "Food Network" buffalo mac & cheese yesterday. They also have a bacon sloppy joe at the same stand. Mac & cheese was OK but at $7.50, come on. It seems like concession prices at Miller Park keep going up at a rate 25 times faster than inflation. I wanted to push the "Free Shivers" guy and his bin of $7.25 cans of beer over the railing. Yes, I know I can tailgate and also carry in whatever I want and nobody's forcing me to spend money on concessions but the prices really are getting to be absurd.

Yeah, I agree the prices are crazy, but that's how they are in pretty much any MLB ballpark these days. I will probably be buying very little inside the park this season. The prices have just gotten too out of line with what I consider a fair value.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm not going to complain too loudly about concession prices due to the liberal carry in policy and also the ticket prices which I believe are a decent deal. If you just look at face they may seem expensive but the promotions allow someone to see quite a few games cheap. Where else can you sit field level behind the plate for $27.50 (5 county promotion).

The Brewers consistently have the cheapest game experience including tickets, parking, food, etc in MLB. I am all for higher concession prices if it means I can get into the park pretty cheap. Tt is a lot easier to spend money in the park on food and drink if you are a little tipsy after tailgating. Just get them in the door.

tickets have gone up considerably since the opening of the park. In 2001 terrace reserved and bleachers were only 7 dollars if I recall. they now start at 16 and 22 respectively. That being said the team has gotten alot better since 2001. If the brewers can continue to play at a high level I don't think most will have an issue with prices, if they fall off there will be issues.

Supposedly they are at a stand near 106 (?) according to a newspaper article. I didn't have my normal RF bleacher seats last game, otherwise I could've confirmed.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 2 weeks later...
Something we noticed at Monday's game. There are now two lights shining up at the American flag, which is good since it is in a dark corner of the stadium.

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Something we noticed at Monday's game. There are now two lights shining up at the American flag, which is good since it is in a dark corner of the stadium.

I noticed the same thing on Tuesday, then wondered why I hadn't noticed it during the STL series, then reminded myself that we'd only attended day games in that series.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI for those that missed it.

The closed caption area had a change this weekend. When there is no announcement to write in the area it now displays a digital clock with the icons of the two teams. It looks a lot better than the empty blue areas it used to display during down times.

Archived