Brewer Fanatic

Braun situation affecting Brewer fans in visiting ballparks?

Teatoe993
Yeah, but I'm wary of even equating the two: ignoring everything else, Braun was declared innocent while Bonds is going up the river.

I'm not sure what your definition of "going up the river" is, but I'm pretty sure Bonds never tested positive for steroids under MLB's new drug testing policy, and Ryan Braun has.

The only time Bond's showed positive for steroids was in 2000, 3 years prior to MLB implementing a testing policy. Here is what Bonds said in court in 2007 when asked about those results:

"So, I guess I got to ask the question again, I mean, did you take steroids? And specifically this test [in November of 2000]. So, I'm going to ask you in the weeks and months leading up to November 2000, were you taking steroids?"

Bonds responded, "No."

Conte said Thursday evening that he is "very surprised" by the Bonds indictment. He played down any suggestion that the records uncovered at his lab seal the case against baseball's newly crowned home run king.

"There is a serious issue regarding a lack of chain of custody," Conte said. "No test result has anybody's name or initials. All steroid test results performed at BALCO were a number only. Now there were different ledgers with initials and different things that are certainly subject to challenge, but there is no type of steroid panel test result with the name Barry Bonds on it."

This is eerily similar to what Braun said, denying use and then arguing chain of custody. My point in all of this is that Giants fans who cheered Bonds probably don't have the right to boo Braun without being called hypocritical.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what your definition of "going up the river" is,

He was convicted for obstruction of justice in a court of law. It typically means someone is going to prison, but in this case, Bonds has no jail time.

"I'm not sure what your definition of "going up the river" is, but I'm pretty sure Bonds never tested positive for steroids under MLB's new drug testing policy, and Ryan Braun has."

My understanding is that Braun's test showed an abnormally high level of testosterone, and that he did not test positive for steroids.

Yeah, but I'm wary of even equating the two: ignoring everything else, Braun was declared innocent while Bonds is going up the river.

I'm not sure what your definition of "going up the river" is, but I'm pretty sure Bonds never tested positive for steroids under MLB's new drug testing policy, and Ryan Braun has.

Well thats false. I'm not going to provide links since I assume Braun's test results and what they meant were common knowledge on this board.

Archived