Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually feel bad about this year's Shingles case.

One day before his first home game since he broke his leg, Buster Posey was pulled from the lineup.

I didn't know that LaTroy Hawkins also had Shingles at one point.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

How many errors were actually scored on that rundown play? I saw about 3, maybe 4.

Edit: In looking at the box, there was 3 errors in the game. I could see the error on the attempted cutoff from the throw in, which led to the ball going up the first base line. I'm guessing that's probably the one that was called.

One day before his first home game since he broke his leg, Buster Posey was pulled from the lineup.

I had a small, caught-early case of shingles once. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I had a small, caught-early case of shingles once. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I had shingles too back when I was about 18 I think. It was absolutely horrible.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Cubs are up 8-0 on Wainright and the Cards in the 3rd inning. I don't feel as bad about Greinke getting 'rocked' yesterday, looks like the Cubs are just hitting well as a team for the moment.

But Waino has given up a 3 run hr and a GS. Greinke gave up 1 XBH (clevenger's first double should've been a single and an error) and a bunch of mostly soft singles. I really don't think Greinke pitched that poorly yesterday...mostly bad luck and left a few pitches up.

I got the TLR eye-face version of shingles in November 2010. I felt so bad I just hoped to go into a coma until it was over.

Day 1: Minor eye discomfort

Day 2: Felt like my eye was being poked from behind with a ballpoint pen.

Days 3-6: Perpetual throbbing headaches that would not go away with any medication and that kept me virtually sleepless the entire time.

The worst subsided after a week, but I still had headaches for about 3 weeks or so. One of the weirdest parts was that my scalp was so sensitive to the touch that it hurt if so much as a feather touched my hair. Of course, there were the crazy sores and what-not on my face and my eye was almost swollen shut, but what could be seen on the surface didn't hurt. It was inside that was horrible.

Sweet mother of secret sauce. I dearly wish I were making this up:

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xwIh9dn4X83DdM3yqQIQpA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/cardinalsringsquirrell041412.jpg

The rally squirrel was represented on the 2011 Cardinals' World Series rings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/cardinals-put-rally-squirrel-world-series-ring-160249382.html

For the record, I would not have incorporated beast mode into a Brewers WS ring.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

yeah, saw this yesterday.

. . . . but untuckin', beast mode, and generally anything else is "unclassy."

Whatever, Cardinals, whatever.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived