Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yuni, Prince, Saito, Hawkins are guys who aren't on the team this year. From what I see of Hawkins on Twitter, guy is positive and upbeat. I don't really see Saito either. Prince and/or Yuni, I could see, even though I'm unsure of Yuni's English skills.

Wilson, Counsell, Hairston, McGehee, Kotsay were all there as well.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yuni, Prince, Saito, Hawkins are guys who aren't on the team this year. From what I see of Hawkins on Twitter, guy is positive and upbeat. I don't really see Saito either. Prince and/or Yuni, I could see, even though I'm unsure of Yuni's English skills.

I stand corrected....however Counsell doesn't seem to fit Mr. Negative. I could see McGehee and to some extent Kotsay.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120330&content_id=27774308&vkey=news_col&c_id=col&partnerId=aw-8985078768295481551-996

Jamie Moyer, at age 49, has been named the no. 2 starter for the Rockies. Let the grampa jokes commence. Actually, I'm moderately impressed/relieved that there is still an active player in MLB who is older than I am.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120330&content_id=27774308&vkey=news_col&c_id=col&partnerId=aw-8985078768295481551-996

Jamie Moyer, at age 49, has been named the no. 2 starter for the Rockies. Let the grampa jokes commence. Actually, I'm moderately impressed/relieved that there is still an active player in MLB who is older than I am.

It's really too bad he had to miss all of last season, as he would have had an outside chance at 300 wins.

I stand corrected....however Counsell seems to fit Mr. Negative. I could see McGehee and to some extent Kotsay.

I don't see that for Counsell. He seemed like a guy that everyone really liked, unless his subpar performance was wearing on him or something. I could see how McGehee might have been a downer since his season was such a struggle. Kotsay seemed to really like the young'uns, but maybe he was a "get off my lawn" type of vet. Hawkins and Saito definitely seemed like they were young at heart and very upbeat. Yuni always came off as happy, too. Prince...hmm...don't know.

Guess I don't really care in the end.

I don't see that for Counsell. He seemed like a guy that everyone really liked, unless his subpar performance was wearing on him or something. I could see how McGehee might have been a downer since his season was such a struggle. Kotsay seemed to really like the young'uns, but maybe he was a "get off my lawn" type of vet. Hawkins and Saito definitely seemed like they were young at heart and very upbeat. Yuni always came off as happy, too. Prince...hmm...don't know.

Guess I don't really care in the end.

Ugh. I missed a word. Don't see Counsell being Mr. Negative.

Ugh. I missed a word. Don't see Counsell being Mr. Negative.

I always pictured him more as General Disarray

http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/media/images/606/606_image_05.jpg?width=600

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Iirc RR said he used his vets, especially Kotsay, as "sounding boards" when deciding whether or not the kids were having too much fun. I seem to also remember him using/allowing the vets, again especially Kotsay, to put the clamps on the kids when it was deemed necessary.

Ned Yost, Deerhunter.

They drink beer together, tell stories together, stay up late and talk about life together. Then the next day, they usually rise and head toward a deer stand. This past deer season, they killed 27 on Yost’s property; he estimates they took down about 100 on Foxworthy’s land. They clean, process and butcher the deer themselves, techniques that, in another one of his projects, Yost learned and perfected years ago. They donate most of the meat to food banks and churches.

I just caught a little of the Astros game on MLB.tv tonight, they were promoting opening day tickets still available from the box office. I know things are bad for that team, but even the Brewers always sold out for opening day during the lean years (with 6,000 for game 2, but I digress). Houston is the 5th largest city in the country for cripes sake!

Ned Yost, Deerhunter.
They drink beer together, tell stories together, stay up late and talk about life together. Then the next day, they usually rise and head toward a deer stand. This past deer season, they killed 27 on Yost’s property; he estimates they took down about 100 on Foxworthy’s land. They clean, process and butcher the deer themselves, techniques that, in another one of his projects, Yost learned and perfected years ago. They donate most of the meat to food banks and churches.

You can dislike him as a manager but he always seems like a great guy.

Baseball-Reference has changed their homepage standings from its offseason format to the 2012 season, with every team at 0-0! I can't believe OD is almost here, but honestly Friday feels sooo far away right now!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived