Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it really any more stupid that a guy in a costume going down a slide?

If said guy lands in a mug of beer, no stupidity at all. If said guy goes down the slide into....well....the bottom of the slide, fairly stupid. But it's our stupid, so we love it.

Yeah, sometimes; but Bernie's wardrobe tends to stay within the palette of Brewers team colors. The Thing in Marlins Park looks like it covers way more of the color spectrum.

I like that name. Since it's Florida (admittedly the wrong part of the state), can we go with Swamp Thing?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Getting away momentarily from The Thing that plopped down in Miami...may I use this thread to express my utter amazement at the name STL has assigned to its kids' club?

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/images/2010/02/04/mQTLgcJT.gif

OMG THEY USED THE WORD CREW, JUST LIKE THOSE THUGS IN MILWAUKEE! Won't someone please think of the children?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Getting away momentarily from The Thing that plopped down in Miami...may I use this thread to express my utter amazement at the name STL has assigned to its kids' club?

OMG THEY USED THE WORD CREW, JUST LIKE THOSE THUGS IN MILWAUKEE! Won't someone please think of the children?

How will Chris Carpenter explain this to his son? No, son, this is a different kind of Crew. Not those horrible hoodlums in Milwaukee. Think of rowing....crew, what my millions will buy you someday.

I bet there's a strict "shirts tucked in" policy for THIS crew.

Matt LaPorta was optioned to AAA. For those who still think the Brewers gave up too much for C.C....the big piece that the Brewers traded didn't even make the opening day roster of the CLEVELAND INDIANS.

To be fair, the gripe isn't that the Brewers paid too much, the gripe is that the Brewers burned their best (at the time) trade chip for a guy who'd only be with the team for half a season.

I just think there's too much glossing over of that important detail.

I'd make that trade for Sabathia every single time. First playoff appearance in 26 years was well worth it, plus the team got comp picks for losing Sabathia.

Kentrail Davis and Max Walla. Not exactly adding weight to the "Brewers won the trade" argument. I still think we won the trade, but the draft picks will probably never amount to more than a cup of coffee. We probably should have gone after someone with more time left on the arby clock.

Interesting to note: the Angels got the Yankees 1st draft pick for losing Teixeira. It would have been ours if Sabathia was rated higher or if Teixeira went elsewhere. The Angels used that pick to draft Mike Trout.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

To be fair, the gripe isn't that the Brewers paid too much, the gripe is that the Brewers burned their best (at the time) trade chip for a guy who'd only be with the team for half a season.

I just think there's too much glossing over of that important detail.

If the offense doesn't collapse in the 2nd half and Sheets doesn't get hurt we had a roster with a real shot at the world series, can't really gloss over that important detail either. We were also very likely to get two very good picks after the season to retool with but that obviously didn't work out as planned because everything went exactly wrong.

That has nothing to do with the point I was making. The only point is that I don't remember anyone saying we "lost" the CC trade. Just some frustrated that a longer-term trade wasn't made, so the Brewers didn't just have to find another SP the next offseason.

Trading isn't a contest to see how badly you can fleece the other team. It doesn't matter who, if anyone, "won" a trade. What matters is if a team feels they got what they wanted out of the deal. I'm pretty sure the Brewers feel great about the Sabathia trade.

Adam McCalvy with some interesting snippets from a Corey Hart interview on WSSP --

The topic was the vibe in the Brewers’ clubhouse this spring compared to last season.

“Generally the same. I think we’re actually a little more positive this year,” Hart said. “We lost a few guys that could veer toward the negative vibe once in a while. The new guys, they’re super excited to actually be part of a positive team for once. Ramie [Aramis Ramirez0 and Gonzo [Alex Gonzalez] and even [Travis] Ishikawa, [brooks] Conrad, those guys are amazed at how positive we are and how easy it is to get along with our team. …

“Even last year, we were an extremely positive team, but we had a few guys who aren’t here right now who kind of affected other guys. So it’s nice to have the guys we have and our coaching staff. They bring out the positive atmosphere. It’s been going good, and it’s going to be like that all year.”

Let the BF.net speculation begin! :)

Yuni, Prince, Saito, Hawkins are guys who aren't on the team this year. From what I see of Hawkins on Twitter, guy is positive and upbeat. I don't really see Saito either. Prince and/or Yuni, I could see, even though I'm unsure of Yuni's English skills.

Archived