Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

I would LOVE to see a Baltimore / Nationals world series. holy crap would that be awesome

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would LOVE to see a Baltimore / Nationals world series. holy crap would that be awesome

I would watch the World Series if that were the matchup. Would that be East Coast enough to make FOX happy?

me too. The cool thing about those two teams is that they're close enough to be a Chi/Chi, La/La, NY/NY type billing, like a subway series or something, ya know? I think it'd be a really cool story, plus, I still love JJ, would love to see him in the world series

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Valentine knew he was toast and he got his two cents in. His managing career is over, but then again, I'm not sure he was ever 100% into it again.

I never understood the love for him. Times he's finished in first place: 0. Time's he's finished 4th or worse: 8.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I would watch the World Series if that were the matchup. Would that be East Coast enough to make FOX happy?

me too. The cool thing about those two teams is that they're close enough to be a Chi/Chi, La/La, NY/NY type billing, like a subway series or something, ya know? I think it'd be a really cool story, plus, I still love JJ, would love to see him in the world series

I'll be pulling for Cincinatti. With the WS being won by NLC teams to years in a row, and Houston going to the AL, maybe we'll stop being considered "the weakest division in MLB." Of course if Cinci gets eliminated I still won't be able to pull for the Classies. Ever. For anything good.

In the AL, I have to root for the 0's.

In the AL, I find it hard not to pull for the A's. Kottaras, Balfour, Rickie's younger brother, and the 29th payroll in the league.

NL... I guess Washington? Maybe Cincy? Harder for me to pick a team there.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

In the AL, I find it hard not to pull for the A's. Kottaras, Balfour, Rickie's younger brother, and the 29th payroll in the league.

NL... I guess Washington? Maybe Cincy? Harder for me to pick a team there.

I sort of feel the same way, in the AL I'll root for ABNY (anyone but New York)... but really O's or A's... go!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm good with the Braves beating the Classies tonight, then basically the only team in the playoffs that doesn't excite me is the Yankees. And I can even sort of tolerate them. I think this year's playoffs will be fun and exciting. I am most definitely looking forward to them!

I dislike the Braves and Cardinals more than any other baseball team so I'm rooting for a double disqualification in that one. At the very least I hope it goes into extra innings and a position player ends up being the losing pitcher.

David Ross asks for time before a 1-2 pitch and was granted it right before the pitch was thrown, but Ross still swings and misses for what would have been strike 3 to end the inning. Next pitch Ross crushes for a 2 run HR. Can't wait to hear the Classies whine about that one.

Already got from my Cardinal buddy....Heyward was lucky to catch the ball (don't disagree), getting the time called for Ross was lucky (whatever) and that "Not sure who is happier about that home run: Ross or the Atlanta based broadcasting crew." I informed him that BA was the Brewers' announcer and of course "that explains the shoddy calling".

David Ross asks for time before a 1-2 pitch and was granted it right before the pitch was thrown, but Ross still swings and misses for what would have been strike 3 to end the inning. Next pitch Ross crushes for a 2 run HR. Can't wait to hear the Classies whine about that one.

Matheny actually said that he thinks those are tough situations for umpires to handle when he was asked about it in a mid-inning interview. No complaining. (Yet)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Community Moderator
What a fliipping joke. Can't blame the Braves fans at all for being livid. Embarrassing for MLB. Again. And instant replay probably wouldn't have helped since it's a judgment call.

One of the most ridiculous bloody calls I've ever seen. And of course, the always-charmed Cardinals benefit hugely from it. Bloody terrible. St. Louis is spoiled enough, they don't bloody need bloody gifts from bloody terrible (or paid off?) umpires.

Disgusting. Awful. Shameful. Infuriating.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Other teams in other sports don't win their divisions and make the actual playoffs. I'm fine with the extra wildcard, but there has to be a better way to have it. After 162 games where the Braves were 6 games better than the Cardinals it comes down to one game where one bad call can and will in this case change the game and possibly end a season. That I have a problem with.

Archived