Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

The Royals have Broxton.

They're not competing this year and shouldn't be trading players of value for a closer.

The royals have at least 3 RP better than Broxton, that is a very deep bullpen.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playing on a trampoline seems like quite a dice roll for a professional athlete. Obviously a lot of other activities are also dice rolls, but the trampoline just seems so unnecessary.

I agree, but then the same thing could have happened if he was washing his truck. ;)

The Royals have Broxton.

They're not competing this year and shouldn't be trading players of value for a closer.

The royals have at least 3 RP better than Broxton, that is a very deep bullpen.

What does Yost like to do with closers?

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Playing on a trampoline seems like quite a dice roll for a professional athlete. Obviously a lot of other activities are also dice rolls, but the trampoline just seems so unnecessary.

True, but he was playing with his 5-year old. They like to jump in bouncy castles and stuff.

Joba often seems like a stooge, but I'll cut him some slack for playing with his kid.

The new top prospect for the Cardinals. Minor League Guy.

http://0.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/98/48/d8b2bf53c65cb18dfbd66c739c66ade1.jpg

If I were a Cardinals fan, I'd totally want to get a 91 GUY jersey.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I, too, think that's hilarious.

That said, it seems like there are plenty of times when announcers and broadcasters struggle to come up with the names of guys in camp, or make jokes about not knowing who some guy is or whatever, and . . . I don't always get it.

Yeah, there are a lot of guys in camp, but it's not like they're calling up Tom Berenger from the Mexican League. These are guys that are in big league camp. There are 14 non-roster invitees, which means in addition to the 40-man there are 54 total in Brewers camp, or exactly one more guy than on a regular-season NFL roster.

Is it really that hard to remember who that guy at the bottom of the roster is? This doesn't really upset me that much, it's just a head-scratcher, because it really just doesn't seem like THAT many guys.

Hah! Well, at least their graphics guy is honest. I always chuckle when you can hear the announcers in the sixth inning of a ST game shuffling through their roster sheets to try & figure out who the heck that #91 guy is.

The Brewers-Dodgers game from a week+ ago had "Edwin Maysonette" as Maysonet's name for his first AB. I thought that was pretty bad, but it doesn't come close to "Minor League Guy". That's awesome.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

True, but he was playing with his 5-year old. They like to jump in bouncy castles and stuff.

Joba often seems like a stooge, but I'll cut him some slack for playing with his kid.

Principessa follows Joba on Twitter, and her first reaction to the injury was that it was a shame, because Joba is always tweeting about basically being an active, involved, & loving father to his son. Really unlucky injury, & I hope he can make it back... sounds like there's no given there.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Those spurts of water shooting out every 4 seconds are hilariously pathetic. Makes it even funnier when it's not during the actual game so there's no crowd noise to drown it out (insert joke about Marlins not drawing fans.)

Archived