Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

This could be an interesting situation.

The Yankees, Rays, and Orioles are tied for the AL East lead. One of those teams is also the second wild card team. What would happen if the season finished that way? It's always been that if teams were tied for the division and the other team would be the wild card there was no playoff. Now we have three teams that are tied for the division and the second wild card. The best I can think of is that they would do a "round robin" where all three teams play each other. Does anyone know if this has been addressed yet?

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ran across this article from the Milwaukee Mag via Twitter about Trenni Kusnierek that was interesting. Always kinda wondered why the MLB Network gig didn't seem to last very long.

http://www.milwaukeemag.com/article/9182012-TheTrenniKusnierekYouDontKnow

Wow, great read. Thanks for linking that, MJ.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Pirates got no hit last night, we had a group out for Oktoberfest, sat around my phone for the final at bat with the live feed going and I got a MVP chant going. little did they know, it was for Braun. suckerssssssss

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I don't know if it was mentioned already, but the Pirates secured another losing season the other night. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for Pittsburgh's fans.

I laughed with pirates fans the other night when it happened

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Darwin Barney's consecutive errorless game streak ended Friday night when he made an error in the 8th inning. He was 3 outs away from setting a new MLB record for consecutive errorless games and now, instead, shares the record with Placido Polanco.

Ouch.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I have to say, the depression in this city right now is at an all time high... 20th losing season in baseball, the steelers "suck" and no hockey. I mean, really, if there was ANY year the pirates had the opportunity to steal the lime light in September/October, it was this year. Always the 3rd wheel in Pittsburgh sports, they had the opportunity to really move to the next level had they kept even .500 level baseball.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I'm not sure why anyone would laugh at Pirates fans...

I would laugh at Cardinals fans for having a crappy team, but the Pirates have done nothing to deserve to be laughed at for another losing season.

I feel bad for them to be honest... It wasn't that long ago we were in their shoes, and it sucks.

I only laugh at teams I hate, and I see no reason to hate on the Pirates or their fans.

I hate the Cardinals, Cubs, Patriots and Cowboys.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

well, I wasnt laughing AT pirates fans, I was with a bunch, and I grew up one (they were my NL team growing up). a big group of us were at oktoberfest here as they got no-hit, so we were fairly loosened up by the time homer got Presley to pop out... lots of laughs

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Community Moderator

Oakland has caught Texas and today's game decides the AL West title. The loser has to play a 1-game playoff with the Orioles.

Since everyone is already technically "in", the games this week are basically playoff games meant to avoid the single elimination game. The fans are definitely buying it in Oakland, the atmosphere is crazy there.

Archived