Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince gives away 2 easy outs and shows off the least accurate throwing arm I have ever seen by an MLB player

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23894895&topic_id=10023906&c_id=mlb

What will his arm look like in the final year of his contract?

doesnt matter, he'll be the DH by then and all he'll have to throw is his bat after he mashes a ball to the warning track

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The Brewers and Phillies are playing a series in mid-August and neither fanbase cares. Who would've predicted that in March?

Yeah, when we were picking our games for our 20 pack at the beginning of the year, we took both last night's and tonight's games, thinking it would be a pivotal series (plus it was also the only home weekend series in August). We ended up not even going last night.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

MLB Trade Rumors and other sources are saying that the Astros dismissed Brad Mills tonight. Seriously, why tonight? Someone in the front office had August 19 in the firing pool and wanted to make sure they won?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Mills' firing would have been announced sooner, but he ran into the gm's office to argue it.

Seriously, I do agree that the timing is curious. Either Mills really ticked somebody off, the owner wanted a jump-start in finding his own guy, or maybe even both.

It was an odd situation... Mills's contract expires at the end of 2012, and it seemed like the new group wasn't going to renew it so they could bring in their own guy. As a result, I think Mills was managing to win more than managing to develop, to try and make himself look better for his next job.

I think Mills will be an excellent manager someday. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with an actual major league roster.

Greinke's ERA is now over 4 on the season. Before today's probable loss, LAA were four games back in the wildcard behind good ball clubs in Detroit, Baltimore, Tampa, and Oakland. They're looking like a playoff longshot at this point.

I'm really happy he didn't agree to that contract.

MLB Trade Rumors and other sources are saying that the Astros dismissed Brad Mills tonight. Seriously, why tonight? Someone in the front office had August 19 in the firing pool and wanted to make sure they won?

This article is a week old but I think it gives some good insight of the new owner.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/08/13/sports/baseball/astros-get-hope-and-youth-from-new-owner-and-new-approach.xml

Brad Mills, the Astros' manager, has been open to new ideas, Luhnow said. But Luhnow has made no commitment to keeping Mills for next season, and he would seem to work best with a manager as deeply committed as he is to objective analysis. For one thing, Luhnow said, the notion that a player is hot or cold is largely a myth, and managers should recognize it.

"If you end up changing your strategy based on hot or cold tendencies, more often than not, you're chasing your tail and you're actually destroying value rather than sticking to what you know is right based off the data over a longer period of time," Luhnow said. "It's easy to say from up here, and it's easy to prove from up here. But it's a lot more difficult to implement down there."

So glad this team moved to the AL.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The Brewers are 29-32 against teams that are currently under .500 this season.

That's just horrible.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Brewers are 29-32 against teams that are currently under .500 this season.

That's just horrible.

And we lose Houston next year - which means we won't have a AAA team to play regularly (not that we beat them that often this year).

Just read an article on former Brewer Bob McClure getting the ax in Boston and was stunned to learn that Jerry Royster actually has a MLB coaching gig. I've watched quite a few Red Sox games this season and didn't notice this for some reason. To be kind.... I'll just say that I'm a wee bit surprised that someone would hire him for an on-field MLB job.

Archived