Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

The Brewers traded a cleanup hitter for Greinke and let a #5 hitter walk for nothing. Lorenzo Cain is batting cleanup today for the Royals and Betancourt is batting 5th.

Don't rag on Yuni, he's getting on base almost 27% of the time this season! Dude can rake, there's no doubt about it.

Every time I get frustrated with Roenicke, I remember that he is worlds better than Yost.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Just saw the Lawrie play. Almost the catch of the year, [sarcasm]too bad he doesn't play for the Yankees or maybe he would have gotten the call...[/sarcasm]

He probably escapes with only some bruises.

I'm actually curious how many balls I could put in play at that level, given a week or two to try and learn how to swing. I don't know if I could draw that many walks, but I'm almost certain I could at least hit a couple of dribblers. Then again, given the control of some of the guys in those leagues, I might be able to draw a couple of walks.

ESPN finally added WAR onto its website. Now it is not the end all be all metric for rating players. But that said, reading the comments made my head explode.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/27050/what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-war

Keep in mind that used to be Neyer's column. You'd think they would have given up commenting by now.

I thought I was having a nice father/son moment.

I'm currently watching the HOF induction ceremony during the part where they introduce all the past inductees. Paul Molitor was introduced just as my 3-year old sat in my lap. I told him that Molitor was on the Brewers and that he was my favorite player when I was a little boy. He was looking at the TV and I started thinking that we would start talking about baseball or something.

Then he jumps off my lap and runs away yelling, "Coyote! Coyote!"

http://i.imgur.com/8f5Dl.gif

The fact that Ron Santo wasn't inducted to the HOF during his lifetime is really sad to me. He was a Cub, but he was an incredibly good ballplayer who should have been in the HOF many years ago.

We can only hope he's watching from some cornfield ballpark in Iowa.

Random rant here, but MLB needs to revise rules regarding ground rule doubles. Ramirez hits a ground rule double, with Morgan at 2nd, he's basically crossing home plate as the ball hits in the field, and he gets pulled back to 3rd?

That is insanely stupid. Punishing a guy for hitting a ground rule double and keeping a run off the board in a situation where a dribbler up the middle would have scored one?

At the very least, every runner should be allowed to advance two bases on this. No way should a guy at 2nd not be allowed to score on a ground rule double.

My mistake, I don't know why I thought Morgan was on 2nd, that does make me feel better about that.

I still would prefer that rule be revised to include umpire discretion, especially with 2 outs and the runner from 1st moving on contact.

They can't call safe/out correctly. Now you expect them to be able to give a runner 3 bags on a ground rule double? There would be way more manager arguments.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

The A's just finished off a four game sweep of the Yankees and are quietly 51-44 and tied for the wild card lead. Pretty crazy. They're not likely to be there at the end of the season, but it's been a fun season following them. Cespedes is so fun and I love watching young guys like Parker and Tommy Milone and AJ Griffin pitch.

Ohhh Cappy....

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1250962/CapuanoFlop.gif.opt.gif

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Just saw a tweet from Jon Heyman that the Astros are 2-21 in their last 23 games. Ouch.

And 1 of those wins was only because Greinke got ejected after 4 pitches.

I like how Dillard was always put into the game at critical junctions. Then we acquired Hernandez to replace him. Now RRR refuses to use his mop up guy that might be better than his 7th-8th inning guys.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Community Moderator
Anibal Sanchez not overly impressive in his debut for the Tigers. Pitched 6.0 innings against the Blue Jays and gave up 5 ER, 8 hits, 3 HRs, 3 BB with 3 SO. I know some scouts were down on Jacob Turner, but I think the Tigers sold very low on him.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wow, I just realized how terrible JJ Hardy has been this season. Awful to this point, aside from some homers.

I posted this a while ago because there was a thread talking about how the JJ trade was the worst trade Melvin ever made. JJ seems to have been a little unlucky with his BABIP but even still he has been dreadful. His June and July OPS is around .530!

Archived