Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

Saw an interesting 'factoid' type thing this morning. The Detroit Tigers have not had one player suit up for them as an active player that would go on to the HOF since Al Kaline played his last game back in 1974. What are the odds of that?

Pretty crazy, although many think that Alan Trammel should be in....

Thought he was.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw an interesting 'factoid' type thing this morning. The Detroit Tigers have not had one player suit up for them as an active player that would go on to the HOF since Al Kaline played his last game back in 1974. What are the odds of that?

Pretty crazy, although many think that Alan Trammel should be in....

Thought he was.

Nope Trammell isn't in the Hall of Fame, despite being one of the top SS's of his era, hitting .285 in his career with Gold Glove defense, batting .450 in the 1984 World Series in which he led the Tigers to the title, finishing 2nd in the MVP voting in 1987 in which he hit .343 with 28 HR's, and playing 20 years all with the same team.

Trammell along with Dick Allen are perhaps the players most deserving of being in the Hall of Fame who are not in....

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Nope Trammell isn't in the Hall of Fame, despite being one of the top SS's of his era, hitting .285 in his career with Gold Glove defense, batting .450 in the 1984 World Series in which he led the Tigers to the title, finishing 2nd in the MVP voting in 1987 in which he hit .343 with 28 HR's, and playing 20 years all with the same team.

Trammell along with Dick Allen are perhaps the players most deserving of being in the Hall of Fame who are not in....

I don't think a guy's BA in one playoff series should have much of an effect on whether or not he should be in the HOF. Playing with the same team shouldn't really have an effect either.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Rule #1 about being a homer....DON'T CRITICIZE YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!

But, really, here's the question....if you had the opportunity to get Daron back instead of BA, would you? Current issues notwithstanding.

But, really, here's the question....if you had the opportunity to get Daron back instead of BA, would you? Current issues notwithstanding.

No, no, 10,000 times no.

Sutton's Keys the the Game on 5/27, Brewers at DBacks:

Paper plates.

Yes, paper plates. Because sometimes when you have guests over, you want to bring out the nice china set. The Milwaukee Brewers are not those guests. They get paper plates.

Rule #1 about being a homer....DON'T CRITICIZE YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!

BA is worlds better than Sutton is. What's funny though is AZ fans love Sutton/Grace in the booth. I never cared for them but I also wasnt upset when Sutton left Milwaukee.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I actually enjoy Sutton, but I think it's because I was probably more immersed in the Brewers when he was the announcer than I have been in any other time of my life. I definitely think BA is a far better baseball announcer and enjoy his work a ton, but I have nostalgia for Sutton.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I wonder if this will effect next Saturday's game. It's on FOX and it's scheduled to be a Sutton/Schroeder reunion for the call.

They're going to have to put all those extra BucketHead t-shirts back into mothballs.

I didn't mind Sutton as much as some. He brought some humor and fun to the booth at a time when the team still wasn't that great. That said, Anderson is a huge step up. BA has turned into an elite level TV guy, and one we'll probably be missing in a few short years if I had to guess.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

...if you had the opportunity to get Daron back instead of BA, would you? Current issues notwithstanding.

Gah, my vote is no. The only redeeming thing would be that my Daron/Bill bobblehead would have renewed relevance, and that would be the most wafer-thin of silver linings.

No, really, I'd mute the TV and listen to the radio call even more often than I already do, were Daron back with the Brewers. He's not my style.

Edit: whoops, I didn't realize there was another page of replies. Here are two more reasons why I wouldn't want Daron back:

Paper plates.

Yes, paper plates. Because sometimes when you have guests over, you want to bring out the nice china set. The Milwaukee Brewers are not those guests. They get paper plates.

Are you watching, Milwaukee?

Those are both a little more bridge-burning than bridge-maintaining.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Carlos Ruiz is now batting .354 with a .421 OBP and a .983 OPS with 9 HR's and 39 RBI's

Does he deserve the All-Star Game start over Yadier Molina?

Molina is batting .310 with a .370 OBP and .882 OPS with 11 HR's and 41 RBI's

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

What current issues? I've been way out of the loop.

What current issues? I've been way out of the loop.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/26/diamondbacks-remove-play-by-play-man-daron-sutton-from-broadcast-booth-for-personal-matter/

Sutton lost the Dbacks job after being critical of their personnel moves on the air. Apparently they had a closed door meeting, Sutton got told he was a nobody and that he wouldn't be calling their games anymore.

Archived