Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

I'm not shocked about Ned being Ned. I am shocked that some KC fans (in the comments section) are excited to have him back.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it evil of me to hope Escobar totally falls on his face and we can trade Arnett for him?

Yes. That is evil. Plus I have Arnett targeted for Cleveland in my LaPorta deal ;)

Interesting.. I've had Arnett lined up for JJ Hardy for a year now.

I change my mind...LiveforOctober I'm now standing in your line.

Chris Carpenter has a bulging disc in his neck.

His status for opening day is currently "Reply Hazy, try again"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I heard Carp was shut down (at least for a ST start) last week and was pondering how to comment on it without bringing a world of bad karma onto us. The 'explain to his son' meme was fun while it lasted, but jebus, look how their 2011 season turned out.

Perhaps he borrowed Jeff Suppan's hotel room pillow?

Has he publicly blamed anyone from the Brewers' organization yet? I haven't felt thrown under the bus in a while.

Could the bulging disk be a result of too much cussing?

OK, I'm done.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I heard Carp was shut down (at least for a ST start) last week and was pondering how to comment on it without bringing a world of bad karma onto us. The 'explain to his son' meme was fun while it lasted, but jebus, look how their 2011 season turned out.

Perhaps he borrowed Jeff Suppan's hotel room pillow?

Has he publicly blamed anyone from the Brewers' organization yet? I haven't felt thrown under the bus in a while.

OK, I'm done.

Did he play an offseason father/son game in Cincinnati?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Quite possible. He really kicks in the head-bob when he gets going. Add in him whipping his head around to find the Brewer that is stealing his signs and that might be the problem....

Carpenter is only the first of many casualties now that Dr. LaRussa and Dr. Duncan have taken their voodoo to other locales.

It's actually kind of amazing to me that he was able to stay healthy for so long, given his long track record of injuries. The guy threw over 230 IP the past two seasons, & averaged 221.2 IP for the past three.

Also, it's unreal to me that, not only is there another Chris Carpenter who's a MLB-caliber pitcher (the guy the Cubs sent to BOS for Theo Epstein)... but both guys are named Christopher John Carpenter. Maybe the odds on that happening are less extreme than I'm imagining, but that seems pretty unlikely. Oh, pardon me, I mean, 'How will the Chris-es Carpenter explain that to their sons?'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Funny thing is that I am being serious...

If I were a Cards fan, I would be exceptionally nervous about the upcoming season. I mean as nervous as one can be given they just won the World Series. Looking at that team, they are relying on older players at SP (Carpenter) 1B (Berkman), SS (Furcal), RF (Beltran) and injury prone players at 3B (Freese) 2B (Craig) and LF (Holliday). Catcher and CF are the only positions where the projected starter isn't old or injury prone. Toss into the mix they don't know what they will get from Wainwright and I would be relatively modest in my expectations for that team. Of course, they could always turn back the clock again and win 90+ again. However, I could just as easily see them winning 80 and being under .500.

Interesting season to be for the Classies.

Funny thing is that I am being serious...

If I were a Cards fan, I would be exceptionally nervous about the upcoming season. I mean as nervous as one can be given they just won the World Series. Looking at that team, they are relying on older players at SP (Carpenter) 1B (Berkman), SS (Furcal), RF (Beltran) and injury prone players at 3B (Freese) 2B (Craig) and LF (Holliday). Catcher and CF are the only positions where the projected starter isn't old or injury prone. Toss into the mix they don't know what they will get from Wainwright and I would be relatively modest in my expectations for that team. Of course, they could always turn back the clock again and win 90+ again. However, I could just as easily see them winning 80 and being under .500.

Interesting season to be for the Classies.

Oh, that makes sense. It's tempting to mock Cardinals nation as if they have anything to worry about - but how do you improve on a run like they had to end the 2011 season? Plus you lost some pretty big cornerstones, on and off the field. I can empathize with that, though I don't expect to be empathizing on April 6 when some red clad yahoos talk trash about juicing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It really won't surprise me if the Cardinals finish under .500 and recent history has shown that world series winners don't usually do that well the following season. But these are the Cardinals, they always find a way to overproduce so I'm sure all the old guys will have career years and they'll storm into the 2nd wild card spot with 84 wins and somehow win the world series~.

Joakim Soria is probably going to have TJ surgery. Out for the season. A blow to the Royals, for sure.

Alcides for K-Rod?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Is Escobar really better than who we have? He's cheaper, I suppose.

Yes Escobar is better. We would have a SS for the next few years also. Never going to happen.

While I understand the value of having cost-controlled years with Alcides, I really am not convinced that he's going to be anything other than an average offensive/plus defender in the years to come. Obviously Gonzalez is not tied to us for that many seasons, but I really doubt that Escobar's offensive production will be much better than Gonzalez this season. I am all for going for it again this year, and I think that our 8-9 inning guys in the pen will have a lot to do with that potential success.

Archived