Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2012

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fantastic 40 is back.  Buy your tickets now.
Those are some great prizes.  I can't think of anything on that list that wouldn't be awesome to win.  For some reason I hadn't heard of this before but it's definitely an incentive to buy something that you'd use and enjoy anyway.

They started it in conjunction with their 40th anniversary celebration. which makes me think there should be more than 40 this year.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I got a mailing yesterday to purchase a Gehl Club package. I already threw it away, but I realized I should have taken a picture of it for everyone. There are Blue, Gold, and Marquee dates. There was also Value (80's uniform blue) and Super Value (80's uniform gold) dates. The schedule looked crazy all colored up like it was.

The only Super Value dates were the April visit by the Astros for a Mon-Wed series. What makes them think nobody wants to go see the 'Stros one last time?

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I got a mailing yesterday to purchase a Gehl Club package. I already threw it away, but I realized I should have taken a picture of it for everyone. There are Blue, Gold, and Marquee dates. There was also Value (80's uniform blue) and Super Value (80's uniform gold) dates. The schedule looked crazy all colored up like it was.

The only Super Value dates were the April visit by the Astros for a Mon-Wed series. What makes them think nobody wants to go see the 'Stros one last time?
We got a similar mailing yesterday, for "planning your group outing." The S.O. noticed that same "super value" April series with Houston. If we could only get his family to meet up that week, we could be lounging in the club for like $7 per person (except we'd never meet the 50 group member minimum). But I imagine they'll want to go on an all-fan giveaway Sunday instead, so it will cost more.

Incidentally, the Marquee/Blue/Gold/Value/SuperValue price chart for group sales is available at this link on the Brewers' website.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It really annoys me that Geoff Jenkins was not voted into the Brewers Walk of Fame, same wth Cirillo. The Brewers need to change the system because the voters seem to think they are voting for the baseball hall of fame. The Packers do a much better job with their hall.

• 1 month later...
I don't think the number should have been retired in the first place. Uecker's got a sign up at MP honoring 50 years, but that doesn't mean 50 is retired. I see this as correcting a problem a previous owner created.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/A-giddy-Pedro-Martinez-will-be-first-in-line-for-a-Zim-Bear.jpg

Yes. The Rays are giving that away this season. Not creepy. Not creepy at all.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It looks like the Rays have some nice gifts, but they are almost all for the first 10k kids. I like that the Brewers went to All Fan for the bobbleheads. I don't have to drag the sister along. And now that she's in college can't get the kids giveaways anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived