Brewer Fanatic

2012-03-04 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Wolf), 2:05 PM [1-1 tie]

trwi7

Looks like MLB At Bat is still working out the kinks, currently listing Lucroy as Taylor Green. I guess it is Spring Training for everyone! :)

Well, you know, 5 times 4 = 20. I suppose this is what spring training is for.

Luuuuuuuc with the Brewers' first hit of the championship pre-season! Nice.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just got back from the ballpark, unfortunately I didnt get to watch as much of the game as I was hoping due to chasing a 1 year old around. That being said, there was a pretty good turnout today (6500 i believe). Braun was loudly cheered when he was introduced during the starting lineups but during both his at bats he was heckled (called a cheater/juicer) by several Giants fans - something I think we unfortunately will see alot of this season. Wolf and Lucroy looked pretty good together although Wolf seems like he may have lost a bit of velocity. Morgan almost seemed like he was forcing it at the plate in his first at bat. Im still not completely sold on Gamel at 1st, but im also basing that off a pretty small sample size. There were a couple decent double plays turned during the game though.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Alright, here's a teaser from AZ for winter Wisconsinites: I went to the game today... Gorgeous weather today! This morning was really windy, but it calmed down to nothing by game time. I watched Wolf and Lucroy warm up pre-game, and I asked Luc from the railing if he was going to catch Randy this year. All I got back was a single head nod. I don't know if it was a "what's up" nod or an affirmative answer. So, basically I didn't get a real answer, and so my attempt at being a sports reporter fails :ohwell I was curious as to why Weeks and Hart weren't there, but now I have the answer :( Braun got a decent reception his 1st AB, with about 1/2 of the Brewer's fans standing. Conrad made a nice play up the middle, but Gamel couldn't dig it out of the dirt. (Sample size= 1.) Alex Gonzalez looked like Alex Gonzalez with the bat, and Wolf escaped some deep flies and fouls off the bat of Brandon Belt. I didn't see Aoki make any plays in the field, but he backed up Gomez on a deep fly to center. Morgan was trying to bunt with a runner on 1st and 2 outs, but struck out. Oh well, it's spring training. Kjelgaard is a huge human being! Pretty ho-hum game, with the Giants S.S., but getting to see Fiers pitch, Gamel play 1st, and Aoki bat was pretty nice. I did get to see Doug Melvin while I was waiting in line for the bathrooms. He was bundled up in a thicker jacket despite temps in the 80s.

Archived