Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy baseball #1 pick in the draft

TURBO

I have a draft that starts tomorrow morning and I just can't decide who to pick with the #1 pick.

I have it narrowed down to 3 guys.

Miguel Cabrera

Albert Pujols

Ryan Braun

Of course, there are other players that could be considered, but these are the 3 have chosen to decide on.

I'm normally a pitching guy, but this time, I'm going with a position player.

It's a 14 team league, so by the time it swings back to me at pick #27 and 28, the studs will be long gone. I have one shot, so I don't want to mess it up.

It's a points league, not a roto league.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I am not sure that Braun should be a number 1 pick. I know that since I am a Brewers fan, I view him as worthy, but if I was not a Brewers fan, I doubt I would be considering him at that spot. However, taking a look at last years fantasy numbers, he is more than worthy for that spot.

In my league last year, Miggy had 581 points and a 3.61 ppg average. (158 games)

Braun had 589 points, and a 3.93 ppg average. (150 games)

Pujols had 548 points, and a 3.73 ppg average. (147 games)

Those are elite numbers for a 3B once Cabrera gets the 3B eligibility, that's for sure.

Passing up Braun as a Brewer fan is difficult.

Pujols is a MONSTER year in and year out.

Damn, this is tough...

In my points league, a guy loses a point for each error, and I can see Cabrera giving 35 back this year.

I would not take Braun number one, which leaves Pujols, by default. Though I don't think Tulowitzki is a horrible pick, either.

I would much rather pick at the end of the round, giving you one of the better 2nd rounders.

Good Luck!

Braun shouldn't be a consideration for the 1st pick honestly. Outfield is deep this year in fantasy. It's between Cabrera and Pujols. Cabrera being 3B eligible makes his value skyrocket in fantasy. He's the hands down first pick in my opinion. Then you have the luxury of taking the best available 1B or 3B later on and play Cabrera at the other spot. It's all about position scarcity, and having the best 3B will be huge with how thin that position is.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Thanks for the input guys.

I HATE the first pick in the draft, especially when it is 14 teams. By the time you make your next pick, a lot of talent is off the board, and you really have to hit that #2 and #3 pick as well...

I really like picking in the middle rounds best.

I considered Tulo, but his injury history scares me.

I decided to go with Cabrera, but only because he will have 1b/3b eligibility. If he was strictly a 1B, the obvious choice, for me would have been Pujols.

Went with Cabrera...

Braun went #4

It went:

Cabrera

Pujols

Kershaw

Braun

Tulo

Halladay

Votto

Verlander

That is as far as we are in the SLOW live draft format.

This is the first time in years I did not go with a SP with my first pick. It killed me to leave Halladay, Kershaw and Verlander on the board.

It's a little late for this, but on the way back Grienke coulda been still around, as well as Yo (depending on how much you wanna invest in him)...that way you got yer Brewer and the best guy off the board.

IMO, Miggy was the right choice. He may be ineligible at third for the first week, but then move him right over there. 1st is a lot deeper for power hitters.

I already have Gallardo and Greinke on my radar for my 2nd and or 3rd picks.

I doubt I would take both, but it will surely tempt the heck out of me...

Kemp is still there, and we are on pick #11.

It seems that there is a lot of OF talent this year, which is making people go elsewhere for their picks. Someone is going to get great value soon if Kemp, CarGo and Ellsbury are still on the board much longer. I'm not buying into the Granderson hype myself.

It's a little late for this, but on the way back Grienke coulda been still around, as well as Yo (depending on how much you wanna invest in him)...that way you got yer Brewer and the best guy off the board.

IMO, Miggy was the right choice. He may be ineligible at third for the first week, but then move him right over there. 1st is a lot deeper for power hitters.

This. My top two in the draft are going to be Tulo and Cabrera(if i can get them). You can get a Paul Konerko in the 10th round and he will put up similar numbers to most 1b.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Konerko in the 10th round of a 14 team league???

He went in the 5th round.

I went with Cabrera in the 1st

Sabathia in the 2nd

Teixeira in the 3rd

Strasburg in the 4th

Axford in the 5th

Rivera in the 6th

Heavy on the closers, yes... I hate getting caught with no good closers, that is a lot of points to leave out there by waiting until the later rounds and picking up scraps. I have won a ton of leagues in my day, and every team that has won had great closers. Very under-rated imo. Of course, it depends on your scoring system.

yes, they were both there, and I took CC instead. They were both gone when it swung back to me again.

Looking back, I should have taken Greinke instead of CC, and possibly Yo too.

Strasburg in the 4th would make me a little nervous as he is going to be on a strict pitch count this year, but he is such a fun player to watch.

My keepers this year:

Maybin – 15th

Gordon – 17th

Strasburg – 18th

Moore – 16th

Wainwright -14th

7th Zobrist

13th Bumgarner

How does everyone feel about those keepers in those rounds?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived