Brewer Fanatic

ESPN's uniform rankings

patrickgpe

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7629005/ranking-uniforms-worst-best

saw this. so much to argue over i thought this would be a good topic. brewers are #22 because they didn't like the yellow alternates that we wore once.

definitely gave alot of weight to the traditional uni's of the cards, dodgers, yankees. i can't argue too much with those. not sure why some of the more traditional uni's like the cubs, braves, and red sox got placed in the middle of the pack.

i think the worst choice is the marlins at #7

i will agree with the padres at #30 only because they are very bland, sorts of like the camo top, but i wouldn't use alternates in the rankings if i were doing them.

I agree. Those rankings are truly a waste of 3 minutes because they are based on absolutely nothing. There really aren't toomany "bad" uniforms in my opinion. I mean there are some tweaks I would like to see like the removal of all dark alternates but that is just my personal preference that isn't shared by many and certain teams scripts like the D-Backs and the Padres home script.

As for the Brewers, I would love to see the Brewers adopt a home white alternate like the Yankees or Nationals home jerseys. The M with the barley on our hats is a classic logo in my opinion. Putting that on the left chest would look pretty sweet.

i love that the indians got #29 only because he thought it was not pc to have chief wahoo still on the hat. i would like to see how paul lucas would rank the 30. Really the only mlb uniforms i do not care for are the marlins and the nationals. i do have a hang up with the marlins color scheme and i do not like their script. its not like we have a team with uniforms like the late 90's angels.

i love that the indians got #29 only because he thought it was not pc to have chief wahoo still on the hat. i would like to see how paul lucas would rank the 30. Really the only mlb uniforms i do not care for are the marlins and the nationals. i do have a hang up with the marlins color scheme and i do not like their script. its not like we have a team with uniforms like the late 90's angels.

I'm pretty sure Chief Wahoo was replaced a few years ago with a script "I".

I'm pretty sure Chief Wahoo was replaced a few years ago with a script "I".

They still use Chief Wahoo on Alternate Road caps, IIRC.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Jim Caple is basically a comedic writer who happens to focus his material on sports. Nothing much to see here. If it means anything to anyone, he has often had very good things to say about Milwaukee, the Brewers and Miller Park.

That was an awful article. My God.

That part about "St. Louis shouldn't worry about losing Pujols, because no matter who they're watching, they'll be wearing that classic Cardinal uniform".

Are you kidding me?

Before reading I figured the top 5 would be the Yankees, Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox, and Cardinals. I wasn't too far off.

Articles like this are just boring, and I don't know who finds his little jabs about a team or cities past funny. I don't even know why I'm on the computer when I'm sure I can be watching reruns of Happy Days, Step By Step or that 70's Show.

Jim Caple is basically a comedic writer who happens to focus his material on sports. Nothing much to see here. If it means anything to anyone, he has often had very good things to say about Milwaukee, the Brewers and Miller Park.

Jim Caple is anti-Milwaukee because he was a homer beat writer for the Twins when the contraction talks came up. He blamed Selig for this (instead of the skinflint Twins owner, Pohlad- a billionaire and one of the richest people in America), and by proxy still hates on the Brewers. The guy is a non person of the highest level, and is just another reason to hate ESPN. I refuse to read the article, by the way.

Archived