Brewer Fanatic

RIP Davy Jones

hawing

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-29/obit-monkees-singer-davy-jones/53304196/1

Ah, geez. And Davy was the youngest of The Monkees. I was born just a little too late to take note of The Monkees' original airing, but my S.O. was right in the target audience. I'm going to have to break the news to him now.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

A girl told me this news today, and I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face. Now I'm a bereaver!

Okay, maybe too soon. I got a Monkee's Greatest Hits album when I was in middle school and loved it.

Very sad news. I remember when the Monkees got big again in the '80's, and I always associate them with the '87 team.

I loved that when they played "I'm a believer" after every home win. I was always wishing that would become their permanent "winning song". Although I guess it would seemed kind of shallow to play "I'm a believer" after their wins in some years, like say their 56th win in late September of 2002.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I always think of "The Brady Bunch" when I hear Davy Jones' name.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived