Brewer Fanatic

The Happy Prince

kalle8

Tim Kurkjian via Twitter: "Prince Fielder loved playing in Milwaukee, but I've never seen him happier than he is this spring"

maybe you didn't see the brewers too often ,Tim.

i mean, in italy all we can see on TV is espn2 (here is called "espn america") and with its baseball tonight so i listen to those guys every single day (not that i don't like it")

i know i am not the one who must tell to you MIL isn't exactely the most covered of all the franchises, but i feel this tweet is mostly insulting for all the brewers organization which treated Prince like a king (...) and for Prince himself (is he happy because rather than 15 M guaranteed now he has 216?).

to quote braun txt to tom hardicuourt "this is b.s."

edit: dozens of errors fixed, some others not!

a) money

b) relief that the free agent process is over

c) back to a place he had a lot of fun as a kid

Completely understandable that he'd be very happy right now. Not everything national media types say is an insult to Milwaukee and Wisconsin.

Provisional Member
I'm not concerned. Prince showed no signs of anything but being happy while he was in Milwaukee. I doubt he will turn and start saying bad things about the city or team. Just dont' think he's that kind of dude. But yeah, as others have said, his payday, going "home" per say, and the excitement of being on a new, championship contending team are plenty of reasons for him to be ecstatic.

He has 214 million reasons to be happier in Detroit than he ever was in Milwaukee.

Thanks TO :)

Of course he's going to be happy...he just got a promotion with a different company. I'm betting he still fully appreciates what the Brewers organization has done for him thus far.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

He got extremely lucky that the one team that lost a key player in Victor Martinez also happened to be owned by an 82 year old billionaire who really isn't worried about overspending on a guy or worries much beyond the next couple of years. If I were 82 and worth several billion, and I could buy a guy who'll help ensure a playoff berth the next 3-4 years, I couldn't care less that I'm losing money (less my estate will owe in taxes) or that when I'm 89 or 90 (if I live that long) that his skills might have eroded.

After several years of contract 'talks' with Milwaukee and the uncertainty there, then an 11th hour deal when it finally happened, I'm sure he's just relieved to be settled. I don't see it negatively at all.

Archived