Brewer Fanatic

Sickels Top 120 Prospects List

reillymcshane

Think Peralta is too low but other than I can never argue about not highly ranking guys who have yet to pitch. I think all 4 of those guys could make huge jumps this year. I hope we can get an impact bat or two from this draft

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Think Peralta is too low but other than I can never argue about not highly ranking guys who have yet to pitch. I think all 4 of those guys could make huge jumps this year. I hope we can get an impact bat or two from this draft

I'm okay with Peralta that low because prior to 2011 he never really put things together is such as a way that indicated he was more than just a guy. Sure he showed some flashes of brilliance. Sure he had good tools. But last year was the first time he really put his game together and displayed the ability and success we hoped from him. It was great to see him get better even as he moved up to AAA, but I can see how some will be a bit skeptical.

As for Jungmann and Bradley - like you said, can't really argue about guys who haven't played pro ball yet.

To me the thing that's exciting is that Peralta, Jungmann and Bradley all can really climb the list with a successful 2012.

I'm okay with Peralta that low because prior to 2011 he never really put things together is such as a way that indicated he was more than just a guy. Sure he showed some flashes of brilliance. Sure he had good tools. But last year was the first time he really put his game together and displayed the ability and success we hoped from him. It was great to see him get better even as he moved up to AAA, but I can see how some will be a bit skeptical.

My only issue with that is prospect lists are often as much about potential as they are about results. Peralta has really good potential and put up good results yet he is behind some guys with less success or no professional innings.

This might be the first list I've seen Thornburg ranked ahead of Bradley and Jungmann. I think Thornburg is really getting forgotten about by many people, myself included. Hopefully he takes it personally and really goes out there with something to prove this season.

Archived