Brewer Fanatic

Do the Brewers have the best outfield in baseball 1-5

molitor fan

http://www.idahopress.com/sports/national/aoki-reports-to-brewers-camp/article_07dce675-96eb-5e98-8384-3cedb297e0ad.html

I kind of just wanted to post an article from the Idaho Press, but secondarily I was thinking that with Aoki (who I think is going to be a very pleasant surprise) the Brewers have the best outfield in the game with Hart, Braun and the 3 headed monster of Gomez, Plush, and Aoki. Is there a better package of outfielders out there?

I truly feel this is another 90+ win team

Some other contenders for the best OF including some depth would have to be...

Kubel, Young, Upton, Parra

Gardner, Granderson, Swisher, Ibanez

Those were the first 2 teams I thought of as well.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I think with Aoki, Gomez, and Plush, thats a VERY good defensive outfield...

Braun, Hart and Aoki, should be a good to Very good offensive outfield.

So at any given time.. our outfield (on paper mind you) seems pretty solid.

You knew me as Myday2001.

To me, the X-factor in this is Aoki. Is he just going to be a mediocre utility outfielder in the majors, or is he going to be Ichiro-lite? We don't really know yet.

Even if he is more Kosuke Fukudome than Ichiro I think his signing will be considered a success. An average Fukudome season is .260/.361/.399. I'd take that right now for Aoki.

I hate to say it but I think the Cardinals OF has the Brewers beat offensively. A healthy Holliday is pretty close to Braun. Beltran is better than Hart. The combo of Jay and Craig beats Gomez and Morgan. Schumaker plays a fair amount in the OF too and his numbers probably represent best case scenario for Aoki.

In fact I'm figuring Aoki to be very similar to Schumaker offensively.

I thought of the Cardinals too. At this point in their careers, I'd consider Beltran and Hart a wash. The odds of Beltran providing another 500 AB season seem slim. Jay and Morgan are pretty close too although one could argue Jay has more upside. Allen Craig is the kicker. He looks like a starter to me, but is recovering from knee surgery.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Except that Beltran is now in St. Louis where they have something magical in their water that makes people slug better and stay healthy. And the magic of their hitting coach.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived