Brewer Fanatic

The Collector's Identity

JET15
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dino Laurenzi, L-ATC, MA, MBA, TRX Trainer, graduated from the University of North Carolina with a degree in Sports Medicine and Athletic Training. He has worked with clients ranging from professional to fitness athletes. Dino has developed various sports medicine and athletic performance training programs to assist his clients to achieve better performance and improved fitness

The irony of ironies is that he helped people improve athletic performance. Then again, maybe that means he had access to PEDs and what not.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Theres was a whole article about this guy in the Kenosha News (unrelated to the Braun story). Link: .

Seems to me to be a religious family man. Not the kindof person who would be employed for many years and then one day decide to tamper with a sample.

Edit: Sorry the link doesn't work. I did a Google search and was able to view the article. When I click on my link now it says for paying customers. My bad.

Dino Laurenzi, L-ATC, MA, MBA, TRX Trainer, graduated from the University of North Carolina with a degree in Sports Medicine and Athletic Training. He has worked with clients ranging from professional to fitness athletes. Dino has developed various sports medicine and athletic performance training programs to assist his clients to achieve better performance and improved fitness

The irony of ironies is that he helped people improve athletic performance. Then again, maybe that means he had access to PEDs and what not.

Judging from his picture off google images, I wouldn't be surprised if he is taking them himself.

Judging from his picture off google images, I wouldn't be surprised if he is taking them himself.

Really not out of the realm of possibility then for a guy who may have access to PEDs and has a urine sample unaccounted for for 44 hours to some how cause it to come back with the highest levels of T/E in the history of MLB testing.

True, it's just what I heard. Either way, should a Brewer fan be handling samples from Brewer players? Seems like a conflict of interest also

Agreed. Didn't post as an arguement, just an observation.

I know, no big deal. Good find on the picture.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Looks like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite

haha, he really does

I don't think what team he roots for really is of much interest to me. It's going to suck for him, but have to wonder what type of financial situation is he in and if he'd have a reason to possibly tamper with the urine sample.

his son was involved as well too don't forget

Trenni Kusnierek went to his house earlier for a statement and tweeted this, "It seems Dino Laurenzi, the collector/courier at the center of the #Braun case, knew this was coming. House empty, snow packed drive."

According to this article his Dad said he isn't home because he's at Spring Training helping out with testing:

Link: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BBN_BRAUN_DRUG_TESTING?SITE=KMIZTV&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

From article:

His father, Dino Laurenzi Sr., said his son was a collector for baseball's testing program and now at spring training. He also said he was unaware his son was involved in the Braun case. Told what Braun said, the father maintained any accusations "would be unfounded."

"He's a straight shooter. Never been in trouble," Laurenzi Sr. said.

i think there is ample possibilities that simply misshandling the sample in the way that has been reported could have lead to a questionable test. i think adding intentional tampering with the specimen is past what the evidence indicates. The internet affords people the opportunity to behave outrageously without anyone being held to a higher standard. While it seems like there's nothing personal in the attacks, having everyone know you were the one who collected the sample and being under a digital microscope is very personal for the collector. I can walk away from this confident Dino just made procedural errors, i don't feel confident we know anything that would suggest malice and intent to tamper with the sample. i love a good conspiracy theory, but this just doesn't pass the smell test.

I personally know the guy. He coached my basketball team in 8th grade at a rec league and was the athletic trainer at my high school when I went there and played Basketball. The guy never seemed shady to me in the least bit but then again I could have easily been fooled and his son always seemed like a good kid to. But i never really knew him that well. It just would shock me if he really did tamper with it because he doesn't seem like the type to.

And ftr the guy is definately a cubs fan.

Trenni Kusnierek went to his house earlier for a statement and tweeted this, "It seems Dino Laurenzi, the collector/courier at the center of the #Braun case, knew this was coming. House empty, snow packed drive."

Good. If Trenni got a scoop or something, she would be even more insufferable than she already is to listen to.

Also, I'm all about leaving the guy alone.

Based on what I've seen, there seems to be little reason to suspect this guy of any malfeasance. I guess it all comes down to the formal policy regarding bringing the sample to Fed Ex. If he did break policy though, and was too lazy to drop the sample, I am surprised that he's still working for MLB.

Archived