Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun exonerated, no suspension… Latest: MLB drops Eliezer Alfonzo suspension; case similar to Braun's (part 1)

dlk9s
In this example they were using an unusual T:E ratio indicating an issue. T and E degrade at different rates. A sample could easily show a dramatic altering of the T:E ratio depending on how it was handled in a short period of time.

...and the explanation for synthetic T being found is what, exactly?

We'll see what Braun has to say tomorrow. But if the reports are correct that the only issue was the guy was supposed to ship ASAP and he, instead, unnecessarily delayed it because he though FedEx was closed. IOW, if he had been correct and FedEx had been closed, then Braun would have been suspended...that really doesn't demonstrate that Braun did nothing wrong.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now the important question is:

Did this guy forget to mail a positive test that was known to be positive BEFORE any chain of custody issues, as suggested by worthless ESPN reporter Karl Ravich:

"Appears Brauns team won because a courier didn't take positive test to fed ex building thought it was closed Saturday night..protocol?"

OR did this guy not mail a urine sample which had not been tested yet and tested positive AFTER this guy kept it for a while? Also, was this guy really that dumb that he couldn't refridgerate it correctly? I mean what are the variables involved, temperature of the fridge and ...? Was he supposed to keep it at 20 degrees but he accidentally kept it at 120?

What did ESPN do wrong?

They almost certainly broke HIPAA, which is illegal last I checked.

I wouldn't say ESPN is in violation of HIPAA. I think that would be MLB and the testing agency. They could be held liable when it comes to disclosure of private health information.

Everyone has assumed that it was MLB that leaked the information. It very well could have been someone on Braun's side. Could have been some third party that overheard something. I stated in another post that there could have been some mishandling of a file by an attorney or agent involved in the case and some clerk in the office may have gotten hold of the information and could not keep his mouth shut. Going to be hard to prove who is responsible for the leak.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

In this example they were using an unusual T:E ratio indicating an issue. T and E degrade at different rates. A sample could easily show a dramatic altering of the T:E ratio depending on how it was handled in a short period of time.

...and the explanation for synthetic T being found is what, exactly?

We'll see what Braun has to say tomorrow. But if the reports are correct that the only issue was the guy was supposed to ship ASAP and he, instead, unnecessarily delayed it because he though FedEx was closed. IOW, if he had been correct and FedEx had been closed, then Braun would have been suspended...that really doesn't demonstrate that Braun did nothing wrong.

And yet again...we also don't know that if it would have been shipped on time that the test wouldn't have come up differently and this whole thing including his reputation being tarnished wouldn't have been avoided altogether.

I don't think any of us here can speak intelligently to what happens to a sample and T:E ratios in an uncontrolled environment over several days.

Do we know if the driver who took home the sample was a scrubs or cards fan?

If I recall correctly wasn't the test taken in St. Louis during the NLCS?

I'm not trying to go all conspiracy theory here but you do have to believe Braun had been tested numerous times since 2007. All of a sudden during the NLCS against arguably our #1 rivals, he fails a drug test for the first time AND the sample sits in some guys refrigerator for 2 days? That doesn't sound right. Where there is smoke there is almost always fire.

What if the reports of the two other samples being high in T are also correct? What would lead me to beleive that the chain of custody problem had effects beyond just Braun's test.

For those accepting the line that "Braun didn't contest the science" know this: attacking the science is generally not allowed in these hearings. It's a standard line that is brought up when the testers lose to besmirch a person who beat them.

I find myself defending Braun in every way and I do think the chain of custody is important. To have it sit in some guys refrigerator over night or over the weekend (whatever it was) is unbelievable. However, I also wonder if I (or others on this board) would feel the same way if it was Pujols who got off on a "technicality".

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Listening to 670 out of Chicago on the way home, these guys are pissed. They are stating that it's pretty obvious this was Bud Selig's doing, they are 100% sure he did it, that it's a fact that Clay Matthews is also on roids, and calling anyone from Wisconsin an idiot.

Listening to 670 out of Chicago on the way home, these guys are pissed. They are stating that it's pretty obvious this was Bud Selig's doing, they are 100% sure he did it, that it's a fact that Clay Matthews is also on roids, and calling anyone from Wisconsin an idiot.

yeah a chicago friend is taunting me using everything they are saying like it is the word of god. want them dead.

Yeah, I normally love listening to B & B, but had to turn them off on my way home. A lawyer called in and explained the importance of chain of custody and that it is NOT a technicality and they just dismissed him because they're minds were already made up since Bud is "involved" (even though MLB is outraged by this decision).

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Buster Olney is basically engaging a twitter war vs. anyone who is calling him out for his article regarding Braun and the MVP award. He is actually telling people that he never said Braun should "give" his MVP award back but that he actually wrote he should "offer" it back. Its the type of semantics argument that is so pointless it makes you wonder how this man was ever given a national platform to write about baseball.

Here's an image of urine and urine plus steroids.

http://aston.chem.purdue.edu/files/images/research/steroids.png

Notice the small peaks and their relation to other peaks. Now realize this is one of the better images you will see. This is also a well handled sample. I can't pull a picture of a mistreated sample, but the other peaks degrade and can co-localize to the peaks you are trying to measure.

Here is an image of rabbit urine from an untreated rabbit and one that has been given a chinese herbal medicine.

http://www.phcog.com/articles/2011/7/27/images/PhcogMag_2011_7_27_177_84219_u5.jpg

Notice all of the other peaks that show up just from ingesting an herbal medicine. Notice the waivy baseline.

What no testing agency/laboratory wants you to know is that reading mass spec output is the same as reading fortunes from tea leaves. Under any circumstance you can find what you want to hear/know.

Archived