Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun exonerated, no suspension… Latest: MLB drops Eliezer Alfonzo suspension; case similar to Braun's (part 1)

dlk9s

I hope it wasn't a technicality. The fact that MLB is throwing a hissy fit about it is bad too. Hopefully Braun can make a statement about what happened. If all this stuff with MLB and technicalities and whatnot continues, it could still really taint him and his future awards or HOF chances.

Wonder if we'll ever really know the deal.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pound sand, ESPN!

My guess is every suspension appeal that wasn't overturned has been "vehemently disagreed" on by the MLB players union. That's the stupidity of this process - a 3 person panel where two of the votes are all but set, leaving the decision to 1 guy.

I'm sure Braun's scheduling a press conference and will divulge as much information as he legally can to set as much of the record straight as possible.

I'm heading home to put on my Braun jersey and turn on MLBtv

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm disappointed in MLB's response. I wish they would have just said, "We disagree with the results. We fully back the testing process. But we are going to learn from the situation and make things better so that a situation like this does not happen again."

Instead they are acting like Braun is guilty, which sucks.

Considering that these cases are built entirely on technicalities, saying that someone "got off on a technicality" is pretty stupid and pointless.

Very happy for Braunie and Brewers fans everywhere.

Not necessarily, I mean what if the guy who took Braun's sample misspelled his name on the test tube and they had to throw it out? If it is a technicality like that it looks very bad for Braun, if it is something like the first test gave a false positive then its not a big deal.

Joel Sherman‏@Joelsherman

Heard that Braun defense was sample wasn't shipped in timely fashion to laboratory and that seemed to sway arbitrator in his favor #Brewers

Could that really screw up the test and make it positive?

The haters are coming out of the woodwork now, haha. Selig saved him, blah blah blah.

Braun is a cocky SOB so I think he'll work to prove all these doubters wrong.

This just irritates the crap out of me. Unless the 2-1 vote was MLB and the Players Union saying not guilty, this just makes no sense. Selig isn't paying off the arbitrator or anything. The guy's whole job is to look at this objectively and rule down the middle on it. Period. He has a law degree and all that other jazz to go along with it. It's just silly.

It's not like MLB threw out the suspension despite what the ruling was or anything like that. I can't see anyway Selig had any role in this whatsoever, it's just people trying to hate on Braun.

I heard nothing but "no player has EVER won his appeal to overturn a failed drug test" for the past 3 months. Whether that's true or not (if this story hadn't leaked we would have never known about it), that statement has been repeatedly used by "experts" to show how infallible MLB's new drug test policy is compared to what happened during the steroid era

Now because Braun won his appeal, it's just a random technicality that he isn't suspended? Sour grapes by MLB who's scrambling to cover up a bungled process that started with the unneccessary leak to the booyahs in bristol.

Archived