Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun exonerated, no suspension… Latest: MLB drops Eliezer Alfonzo suspension; case similar to Braun's (part 1)

dlk9s

Ryan did not flinch at the conference. He was himself... confident, cool, articulate, convincing... He did a great job.

I am hoping this will sway more people outside of the Brewer fan base to see him in a more positive light. I don't know if he can ever regain what was lost over this unfortunate series of events, but with time, it can become a minor footnote... I hope

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ryan did not flinch at the conference. He was himself... confident, cool, articulate, convincing... He did a great job.

I am hoping this will sway more people outside of the Brewer fan base to see him in a more positive light. I don't know if he can ever regain what was lost over this unfortunate series of events, but with time, it can become a minor footnote... I hope

I think being the FIRST guy to ever beat the system......it'll never be a minor footnote.

Braun said (paraphrasing) "100%, that substance never entered my body." Also mentioned the fact that the collector's son was the chaperone when Braun peed, meaning someone other than the collector knew whose sample it was as it was missing for 44 hours.

I think being the FIRST guy to ever beat the system......it'll never be a minor footnote.

I'm not sure "beating the system" is the corect terminology RoCo...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Is it physically possible for the T:E ratio to increase in a urine sample if it is say left at room temperature

A better question might be - if this collector also works in a hospital lab, does he have access to synthetic testosterone? It'd be just as easy to get something containing synthetic T outside the hospital, too. Braun's sample may have appeared unopened or untampered with when it showed up to the lab, but it would be quite easy for someone with easy access to lab supplies to simply open the containers, transfer the sample into similar containers that happened to have synthetic T in them, and reproduce the labeling. I'm sure the collector has all kinds of extra labels to use if neccessary. The guy did have an entire weekend.

WOW! That was a homerun of all sorts! Awesome job by Braun. That interview couldn't have gone better. He was way more blunt then I would have thought. You could really feel his emotion. Especially when asked about him not being able to enjoy the offseason to his MVP award winning season. He said something like ... It sucks. I didn't enjoy any of the offseason when I should have been able to celebrate not only my individual success but our team going as far as we did and falling 2 wins short of the World Series. But I will never be able to get any of that time back, which is disappointing.

He nailed that presser

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm not sure "beating the system" is the corect terminology RoCo...

I didn't mean it that way, but it's certainly what he did. It's a system designed such that a person ACCUSED of being guilty IS guilty, until proven innocent. In that aspect, he had to beat the system. Given what we know so far, I'm honestly still a little surprised. Do I think he's innocent? Yeah, probably. But he still had to beat the system, given the way the system is set up.

If you don't follow will carrol on twitter. Check out his recent posts. He seems to have more info than the masses.

To expand on this, he is saying that Braun's camp was actually able to repeat the process and not only show how the sample became corrupted, but also produce and identical result of an insanely high test result from that process. http://twitter.com/#!/injuryexpert

Unfortunately, I was hoping this whole thing was going to come out in the Conference... "repeat the process and not only show how the sample became corrupted, but also produce and identical result"...

That would have been a killer.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Listening to WTMJ right now and a self proclaimed die hard St. Louis fan called in that said going into the conference he envisioned alot of legal spin by Braun and nothing new. He said he was extremely impressed and that this news conference has made him a Braun fan.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Bob Costas on the MLB Network...

"Here, I think, the combination of factors has raised true reasonable doubt about Ryan Braun's guilt, and since Ryan Braun is such a likeable person, as Matt mentioned, camera friendly, well-spoken, I think he's going to get past this."

if Ryan Braun were any classier, he'd have to play for the Cardinals. Brewers are going to sell a lot of Braun merch this season I think.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I agree Braun did a great job, in the beginning he looked a little nervios and i like the shot he took at espn, and he should be upset,, like he said that he could not enjoy the off season and can't get that time back. i agree what a 1 80 John Kruk did.

Braun also brought up facts about the records that are kept throughout a player's career. Braun never gained a single pound. Never became a single percent faster on the base paths. Never gained a single percent of arm strength. Didn't gain any power in hitting. Didn't work out any harder, any longer, or anymore often. Followed exact same workout for the past 6 years.

Calm and controlled, but could see underlying emotion. Extremely factual and believable.

The important aspects of this case we do not know are:

1) Is it possible a sample could show this result by just sitting around for a day or 2

2) Why did this not happen to the other 2 mystery samples

or 2a) did they also show up positive and those other 2 brewers also appealed and won and we have no idea because it

was not leaked

or 2b) is it statistically likely that given all the variables 1/3 samples could change by sitting out, or this the kind of

chemical process that is all or nothing, ie any sample left out would show the elevated levels

3) If 1 is not chemically possible is there any other possible explanation besides either Braun is guilty (seems almost impossible after that presser) or the guy intentionally spiked Braun's sample?

It seems very unlikely this could be a false positive due to human error by the lab tech in Montreal because there must have 10s of thousands of these tests analyzed previously with 0 false positives and now the first one happens to the NL MVP?

Archived