Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun exonerated, no suspension… Latest: MLB drops Eliezer Alfonzo suspension; case similar to Braun's (part 1)

dlk9s
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"According to Dan Patrick, the collector bypassed 2 open Fed Ex and then went to a 3rd and it was closed. So he went back and stored it. He is a Cubs fan, and during the appeal proccess they asked him to state his name, and it took 37 seconds for him to respond. They asked him to identify Braun, and couldn't look at him. Braun also passed a lie-dector test."

He did a great job with the press conference. Like I and a lot of others have said, the basic facts of the situation are: exceptionally unusual result; exceptionally botched process. That's not a technicality, and it's not just reasonable doubt, because reasonable doubt wouldn't be enough. It's invalidity of the test, period, end of story.

Also, the thing that took me beyond "He's handling this well" to "I'm buying my daughter a Ryan Braun jersey" is when he said the thing about not falsely accusing the sample collector, because he should be the last guy to make a false accusation. That, my friends, is class and integrity.

Wow, he said there were 18 FedEx locations between the ballpark and the collector's house. This whole thing is just remarkable.

Very good job by Braun with the announcement and all of his follow-up answers. I especially love the part about ongoing litigation. Take 'em to the cleaners Braunie!

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

One important question I would like to have answered by someone who knows:

Is it physically possible for the T:E ratio to increase in a urine sample if it is say left at room temperature? This seems like a huge question that has never been addressed. If I peed in a cup, left it at room temperature for a day would it be possible to see an elevated T:E ratio afterwards?

Archived