Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training Photo Dump

jjgott
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If your friend is from the Milwaukee area, it makes sense. The Bears are the closest NFL team.

Not true. It takes 2 hours to get to Lambeau and 4 hours to get to Soldier. ;)

I think Right Field Coder prefers that the Brewers and Packers universes remain separate. In this case, it's hard to avoid overlap when Ryan and Aaron are buds and Aaron visits Maryvale.

We had the Favre/Jenkins look-alike connection before, so its appropriate that we get the Rodgers/Braun MVP connection now. Its just something with Packer QBs and Brewer LFers... :tongue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Wolf is just kinda...

When Jenkins and Favre were younger, it was an uncanny resemblance. I remember seeing a ST update on year that showed Jenkins goofing pretending to take a snap from center and took a 5 step drop... My first thought was, "Wow, Favre showed up at ST this year." I didn't know it was Jenkins until he showed the back of his jersey.

I love ST partly because it puts in perspective just how small the gap is between minor leaguers & big-leaguers. Guys like Schafer and Gindl step in and play well, because that's what they usually do. I wish the notion that prospects need handling with kid-gloves could be put to rest in the Milwaukee front office. At the very least, Roenicke really seems to be well-informed about the younger guys. That makes me feel like there's hope.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dumb question, what address/intersection would I want to put into my GPS to get me to the stadium?

3600 North 51st Avenue. The main-drag intersection is Indian School Rd and N. 51st Ave. Have fun!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So we are leaving Phoenix today, after being down here for a week. Some observations,

- Every year that we come down the crowds seem to get larger. The first time we ever came down here we felt like we were the only Brewer fans here. In fact we used to be picked to be "contestants" for different contests they would have at Maryvale because we were one of the few families they could find that we wearing Brewers attire. Not the case any more.

- Sat in the first row on the first base line last Sunday (first game). My son got Yount's autograph. Other than Aoki, he was the only one to sign that day. Again, in years past it seemed that players were alto more autograph friendly. We also sat next to Jim Gantners brother that game. Pretty interesting.

- Only two road games while we were down here. While usually most of the starters don't make the road trips, in the past we have found that they usually bring 3 or so and that they usually rotate those 3. However, for the games we saw it seemed to be the same starters (Morgan, Weeks, Gonzalez). I hope they don't shelter Braun from road games the entire spring. Eventually he has to face the music...seems like spring training would be the best place to start.

- Izturus has been brutal defensively

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So we are leaving Phoenix today, after being down here for a week. Some observations,

- Every year that we come down the crowds seem to get larger. The first time we ever came down here we felt like we were the only Brewer fans here. In fact we used to be picked to be "contestants" for different contests they would have at Maryvale because we were one of the few families they could find that we wearing Brewers attire. Not the case any more.

- Sat in the first row on the first base line last Sunday (first game). My son got Yount's autograph. Other than Aoki, he was the only one to sign that day. Again, in years past it seemed that players were alto more autograph friendly. We also sat next to Jim Gantners brother that game. Pretty interesting.

- Only two road games while we were down here. While usually most of the starters don't make the road trips, in the past we have found that they usually bring 3 or so and that they usually rotate those 3. However, for the games we saw it seemed to be the same starters (Morgan, Weeks, Gonzalez). I hope they don't shelter Braun from road games the entire spring. Eventually he has to face the music...seems like spring training would be the best place to start.

- Izturus has been brutal defensively

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• 2 weeks later...
crap, my wife and I took some really good photos when we were down there for the loss to the Cubs (boo!) and I totally forgot to post any of them as this thread slid off the main page. I'll have to get after that tonight.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived