Brewer Fanatic

May 22nd NBA draft lottery

statman0007
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, they gave up their own 2nd rounder for Damir Markota, as the Spurs now get that pick. The Bucks have the Rockets 2nd rounder, which is late in the 2nd round.

I think the Bucks will still have a chance at Horford, as the Griz will go backcourt I think with Brewer, and the Celts have a similar player as Horford in Al Jefferson. The Hawks might do something screwy, however, and mess the whole draft up....i think they will trade their choice, but could draft backcourt as well. With Marvin and Shelden Williams, Horford is not going to happen for them.

Well the way I see it the draft will go like this

1. Greg Oden Portland

2. Kevin Durant Seattle

3. Al Horford Atlanta

4. Brandon Wright Memphis

5. Yi Jianlian Boston

Leaving us with Mike Conley, Joakim Noah, Julian Wright, and Corey Brewer.

I don't think we'll go 3 since we have Bobby Simmons dead ass coming back and it's the easiest position to fill through free agency with maybe a guy like Gerald Wallace. That leaves us with Joakim Noah or Mike Conley. Easy decision for me. You take Conley and wave good bye to Mo. You get a guy who's good on both sides of the ball and a position of need. I've warmed up a little bit to Noah meaning I won't kill myself if we pick him but still don't want it to happen. I like his intensity and energy but otherwise... Yea. He's really not that skilled of a player. I don't think he'll be the defender he was in college and is going to be pushed around. Good ball handler and passer but we have two big guys now who do that. No offensive other than dunks. Just not a guy I'd be excited about.

Now, I don't think Joakim will be a complete bust but I do think Julian Wright will be big time. Guy has the attitude of Tim Thomas and no jump shot. Screw that. He didn't produce in college, he won't in the pros. Just because he has the body doesn't mean he's going to do anything. James White was suppose to dominate and he didn't just like Julian Wright doesn't.

Corey Brewer will be a good player but I think 6 would be a reach for him. He's 6'9" 180. Making Tayshaun Prince look like Karl Malone. Great defender, great athlete, great jumper. I like him and wouldn't be upset if we take him.

I guess we can hope for Horford, B. Wright, of Yi, to fall. I'd take them all.

good analysis. There is still a chance Conley could go #3 (even though I know that is high for him) but atlanta needs a pg. If that happens, one of the bigs will be there Of course atlanta could trade the pick to move down to get conley which means we are back at where we began...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I realize that Noah is one of the more annoying people on the planet, but would anyone consider him at #6? To me, he's like Gadzuric, except not completely spastic on offense.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

While I'm kind of a Bucks fan, this scenario makes me extremely happy. Boston and Milwaukee got hosed for tanking their seasons, and the NBA punished them for it. I think that's wonderful. I really hate some things about the NBA, and teams tanking the rest of their season to get a higher pick is among the top of that list. It was great seeing those stupid Boston fans yelling and falling out of their chairs when they got #5. That was awesome. I know that Bill Simmons and the Boston media is going to go ape calling this another NBA conspiracy. I call it Karma. Boston has a lot of talent, and that team was losing deliberately at the end. Same with Milwaukee, to a lesser extent. Serves them both right. I also think Oden is going to fall flat, so I'm glad he won't be a Buck. Durant will be a star in Seattle.

The NBA didn't punish them, they encouraged them. If the worst two teams got the picks, the Bucks wouldn't have tanked. Lots os teams tanked, all but the 76ers did. The lottery encourages it. If Mephis was gaurenteed the #1 pick, you would have senn much less tanking.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Imagine this guy waltzing down Wisconsin Ave! I think it'd be good for Milwaukee. Shake things up a bit, baby!

http://www.themightymjd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/noahdress.jpg

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
The Bucks actually could eb teh one to trade up to get Atlanta's pick. If they want big, Charlie V is likely gone so Chalrie V + #6 for #3?

I would do that if we knew that Hortford would not be around at 6, and we knew that we could get a gerrald wallace / desmond mason type here.

yeah, End seems to be the first one to mention it; why not a trade up to get Horford (assuming the #1 would cost way too much)? wouldn't that make sense for the Bucks to get better?

I think you read that trade wrong. We send Chuck and the sixth pick to the Hawks for the 3rd overall pick. Then we draft Horford at #3. Horford has Bucks ties (his father played for the Bucks) so he would be a logical fit.

Except does Atlanta even need Charlie V? They already have Marvin Williams, Shelden Williams and Josh Smith. I see Atlanta taking Conley with a bit of a reach or trading down a few spots for a decent point guard.

Quote:
You're thinking of Jay Williams the former Bull.

Whose leg injuries were so bad that he's lost almost all of the explosiveness that made him a high draft pick. Pass.

Quote:
We should trade Atlanta Mo Williams

It'd be a sign-and-trade... but doesn't Atlanta also have a whole bunch of cap room?

Wow, that joke went over everyone's head.

I just want every player in Atlanta to have the last name Williams.

If that means they get Mo Williams, Marvin Williams, Sheldon Williams, Jason Williams, Jayson Williams and Jay Williams, so be it.

Sad, sad night. We really needed this to work out to be anywhere near relevant the next few years.

At least no one in the East got the top 2 and especially the hated Celtics.

Going forward I don't know what to do. Trade it? Trade up? Use it?

Ideally, I want Corey Brewer. He's 6'8", great defender, can shoot reasonably well (and will get better with NBA trainers), is athletic and a winner. What's not to like about this guy? I think he'll be the guy that really breaks out and a year from now everyone will slap their head at not drafting him and muse about how obvious it was he was going to be a good player. He can play the 3 and the 2 as well, providing for a nice rotation. I also think with the 6th pick we will get the best player available.

He needs to add some bulk and you would imagine with time he will. But I love his tenacity, energy and overall abilities. He can become the stopper for your team and become a valuable role players around Redd, Bogut and ?. I'm guessing Williams, if resigned.

Plus his last name is Brewer, the Brewers are doing very well this year so it just makes sense.

Williams/?

Redd/Brewer

Simmons/Brewer

CV/Skinner

Bogut/Gadz

God, looking at that roster makes me sad. We have no chance no matter what unless whoever we draft becomes an NBA God...

Quote:
Wow, that joke went over everyone's head.

No, I got the joke... I just also thought that it'd be funny for them to get into a bidding war over Mo "I Can't Run an Offense" Williamshttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived