Brewer Fanatic

May 22nd NBA draft lottery

statman0007
Good point, I hadn't thought about the East-West balance. Oh well. Just thinking a little, I'd like to get Conley, Brewer or even Jianlian in a boom or bust. Too bad Horford will be out of reach.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bucks had a 15% chance of getting the first pick, after the Blazers got that, their odds increased maybe 1%. They had about a 18% chance of getting the 3rd pick.

They had about a 40% chance of falling all the way to #6. The odds of them getting the different possible picks was probably something like this, from most likely to least likely

4th

5th

6th

3rd

2nd

1st

Here's to another season of not wasting my time on the Bucks, which is fine, because I'm busy enough that I can use the free time.

Hear hear.

The NBA is like an ex-girlfriend to me now. Only the ex turned into a crack whore. I don't need to pay to watch crack whores.

We'll be back in the playoffs assuming half our team isn't injured again.

42-40 and bounced out in the first round again. In 2025 the team celebrates the 25th anniversary of the '00-'01 team that almost won the Eastern Conference Finals, with retro jerseys, bobbleheads, and a DVD.

Quote:
42-40 and bounced out in the first round again.

Yep there's a lot of problems with the Bucks right now. Mainly they're soft as hell and can't rebound or defend to save their lives. Other than that they're right at the top.

Why are people so negative towards the Bucks? Last year was a wash with all the injuries. They are no worse than a top 6 team in the East. Add a top 10 draft pick to their roster next year.....I am very excited about this team. I hope they draft MC Jr or Brewer.

I personally like the bucks but they got what they dserved, so did the Celtics. The grizzlies were really that bad so I cant accuse them of tanking but what Boston and Milwaukee did was just down right wrong. People pay good money to go watch them play and then to sit their stars with mysterious injuries is just bogus. I think they will still get a good player in their spot but I am not sad for them, they had it coming. Perhaps Kevin Durant keeps the Sonics in Seattle?

Quote:
I hope they can still get Horford or B. Wright.....

I'm actually going to beg to differ with the Boy of Foam and go with Mike Conley.

Mo Williams? Please. He can't run an offense, as evidenced by last season's numbers. Mo averaged 15.4 shots per game. That's an awful lot for a point guard. Jason Kidd averaged 11.3 and Steve Nash averaged 12.8. Heck, even Chris Paul averaged 13.6 and Deron Williams 13.5. Not to mention that Nash was actually more efficient than Williams, scoring over a point/game more on far fewer shots.

Keep in mind that taking a lot of shots is not a good thing for a point guard - it's his job to distribute the ball to the players with the best opportunities to score. A good point guard will get that done in any system. Mo Williams has shown that he is not capable of doing that, getting to even 8 assists only 20 times last season (in 68 games). The fact that the Bucks were 11-9 in those games is evidence that when the ball is distributed well, the Bucks are more likely to win.

Watch Mo try to run the offense. Most of the time, he'll run the shot clock down before even trying to move the ball/make something happen... and that will translate into poor shots, poor passing opportunities, and fewer points. Mo had no options for most of the year, you say? False. At the very least he had Patterson and Bell for 80+ games. Yes, neither of them are great options (although they're not bad options, either) but... again, if more people are scoring it means that the ball is getting distributed around better, there's a better shot selection going on, and the team's more likely to win.

So Mo's 24. He's also been in the league what, 4 years now? And a full-time starter for two of those, plus a part-time starter for a third? The argument that Mo needs more time to mature is somewhat lost on the fact that he has played 4 seasons already. And that Chris Paul and Deron Williams are both younger than Mo... and already are far more effective at running the point. Mo Williams is best-suited as either a 2-guard or a sixth man that can provide a scoring punch off of the bench.

Count me in for the "Draft Mike Conley Jr." bandwagon.

To be a contender in the NBA, you need a point guard that can break down defenses with the dribble, get out and run, and pass the ball. Conley looks to be the closest thing to Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Tony Parker. And the kid can shoot, too. Conley can be built around. We need someone that can get Mike Redd the ball in positions to score; he's had to work too hard for his shots.

I agree about Mo Williams. He's a nice player, but he plays more like a 2 guard and if you look at all the teams still playing, they all have a great penetrator/distributor at PG (Parker, Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Lebron James/Larry Hughes) plus there are the teams just bounced out (Nash, Kidd, Hinrich, Baron Davis).

Horford or Brandan Wright would fit in real nice though too.

Brewcrew, I was just going to say the exact same thing. They've never had the worst record in the league, but have won the NBA draft lottery twice now. So this is more just balancing of luck in the long run. I agree with what someone else said - if Bogut was in this years draft it's not likely he would be a top 5 pick. So if you're going to rise or fall in a draft, I'd rather rise in a draft that is lean on talent and fall in a draft that is deep.

I say if there is a year to "get screwed" in the lottery, it would be this year because of how deep it is. But in reality, there are two superstars in this draft and everybody else has question marks. I would just as soon trade down into a mid-first pick and get Hibbert, Hawes, Acie Law, Splitter, or Jason Smith and pick up a first next year. If they stay put and get Conley or Brewer, I'd try to move up in the 2nd to get Hardin, Marc Gasol, Herbert Hill, Jermario Davidson, or one of the other big men projected to go early in the 2nd. Otherwise, I like Carl Landry or Curtis Sumpter with their 2nd or as a free agent - I think both are better than Noel and can develop into solid NBA small forwards.

The NBA is like an ex-girlfriend to me now. Only the ex turned into a crack whore. I don't need to pay to watch crack whores.

Crazy - that could be the post of the month

We can't get the third pick in the second round. We traded that away at last year's draft.

I am hoping Al Horford falls to us. He's a good rebounder and defensive presence. He's also pretty fundamentally sound. And he does whatever it takes to win. He's kind of like a poor man's Tim Duncan.

what about drafting that tall PF from China?

well, at least the Bucks have a lot of cap space for FA, so maybe they'll be able to do something there. that way I'll be able to totally ignore a slightly better team next season.

Archived