Brewer Fanatic

WMLW to offer HD beginning March 12

BradWI

Interesting. So what does that mean for dates when Brewers and Bucks collide?

Yeah, wasn't that WMLW's main role in this? It'll be interesting to see what cable companies do with the broadcasts if WMLW is in fact out of the picture.

It's never been a problem on satellite. The worst that happens is that you have to find the game on an alternate channel.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

When I watched the Bucks earlier in the season they made a big deal of saying that every Bucks game would be televised on FSW this season. Will be interesting to see how they handle the conflicts. As a satellite subscriber I do "worry" that it may mean that the Brewers end up on a non-HD alternate channel. At that time of year the available HD bandwith gets tight. If this is the worst thing I have to worry about life is pretty good.

Last year, DirecTV was offering WMLW games on both SD and HD channels despite the fact that the game wasn't broadcast in HD. I don't think there'll be an issue with games being forced into SD.

As a matter of fact, as an Extra Innings subscriber, WMLW games were the only ones I recall seeing in SD at all. The rest of the world was HD.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

According to this it no longer matters. No more games on WMLW. "FOX Sports Wisconsin now serves as the exclusive television home for the Milwaukee Brewers, televising nearly every game not scheduled for national network TV."

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/02/23/12/FS-Wisconsin-and-the-Milwaukee-Brewers-a/landing_brewers.html?blockID=672184&feedID=5067

Heh, I had to chuckle when I read this. Sayonara, WMLW.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I mentioned this on the other topic regarding this, but I have to believe they will be using WMLW for either the Brewers or Bucks during those conflicting games. The Bucks may be terrible but you can't cut their broadcasts just because of their record. They need money too.

Archived