Brewer Fanatic

Minor League In Game Threads?

SoundsFan17
Would anyone be interested in having a separate In Game just for the MiLB games? Or would it just be easier to keep them with the MLB games. Not sure how often it would be frequented, but I just thought it would be cool to keep track of certain players down on the farm, for whatever reason that may be. It would also bring a little more traffic to this side of the site. Just an idea...
Nashville winters are WAY better than Milwaukee winters.

That's always been part of the link report. It's not the same as a major league in game thread, but we generally keep a running tab of the big news of the day in that thread around the actual link reports.

For certain games it has turned into more of an in game thread, Parra's perfect game, Arnett's first start with Prince stealing a bunch of bases, and so on... For years my windows welcome sound was "Parra is perfect, Parra is perfect!" Typically the more in-game thread posting style is reserved for those special moments. As a group we don't typically bag on people who are performing horribly as you would see every night on the other side, it's a more gentle atmosphere over here. Certainly the higher draft picks like Arnett will draw more scrutiny as pretty much everyone is interested in the lines from that kind of pick/supposed talent, but no is clamoring for a Marseco to be let go because he can't hit in A ball.

With Mass' retirement from Link Reporting I haven't heard about a decision being made either way to continue the link report. I know personally that the link report was the first thing that drew me here and is still the one thing I care about most on this site. Without it, there's no way I'd visit the site as often, I don't generally find the topics on the MLB/Transaction side all that stimulating. We can only rehash the same ideas over and over so many times before the conversations get stale... every day on the MiLB side there's something different and exciting happening, which fosters new interesting/discussion.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Sorry if this hijacks the thread...

I was also wondering what the status of the link report would be this year? Has anyone stepped up to volunteer to take it on or at least certain parts of it?

I usually skipped over the type of "in game comments" that this thread is discussing when scrolling through the link report. I tend to look at the box scores but not a whole lot else as I'm less interested in the day to day stories of the young Brewers, but am very interested in the trends and overall performance of the players.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I don't generally find the topics on the MLB/Transaction side all that stimulating.

not even the witty repartee? ;) Actually, I generally come to the Minor League thread first myself.

This site has been extremely rare due the amazing efforts that the moderators put into the content of the site. And unfortunately, a few have not been able to continue that effort (not a complaint).

I know on my part, I've tried to pick up some of that (User Driven P50 and MiLB Player of the Month) and I noticed others (like TLB on the Link report) have as well.

I'm sure it won't be exactly the same, but more of this simply falls on us for the content.

I generally come to the Minor League thread first myself.

Ditto, & ditto to TC07's comments about the discussions being better on the MiLB forum.

I'm sure it won't be exactly the same, but more of this simply falls on us for the content.

And I think this is the real answer to 'what about the link report?' If we want it to continue, we the MiLB readers are going to have to contribute & make it happen. If the L.R. duties are shared between several people (as opposed to centralized with two or three people), it should be do-able. I think this warrants a separate discussion, honestly, because the L.R. has been such an invaluable part of the BF.net MiLB experience.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived