Brewer Fanatic

2009 Ryan Braun (with Uecker home run call) discussion thread

TURBO

I know these are hard to come by, especially one that works, but how much do they usually sell for?

There is one on ebay right now with no bids at $149.99, and $199.99 on buy it now. That is WAY out of my price range, and I highly doubt it sells for that price.

The ones that do work, at some point won't, so 10 years from now, it won't matter. I know that some value them a lot more when they work, but there is no way to change the battery, so when it goes, it's done.

That being said, is it worth paying the extra for one that works when at some point it won't?

It is the only brewer full size sga that I don't have, and until recently, I just never felt that I needed it. Still don't have the NEED, but it would be nice to complete the collection.

Anyone have any viewpoints or opinions on this bobble?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I would not spend the extra cash on one that currently works. If I felt the need to add it to my collection I'd probably buy one with a dead battery and fix it.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

someone on here sawed theirs open and after some tinkering got it working again. he said the wiring was super shotty, and the wires themselves were not very strong. at any rate, I got one for like 40 bucks awhile back that didn't work. the same week one sold for 35.

But if you are a collector, would you want a bobble that has been altered or "sawn apart?"

I'm thinking of just looking for one that doesn't work since at some point, none of them will work when the batteries crap out.

As far as fixing them, there is not way to get into the battery compartment unless you cut it open. I would think that 10 years from now, when none of them work, one that is mint and unaltered will be more valuable than one that has been ripped open.

Just thoughts, I really have no idea...

The one on ebay won't get what the seller wants, and if it does, more power to him...

I'll keep looking, just can't justify spending that much an a bobble that won't work down the line. Other than the talking, the only difference is a thicker base. Just don't feel the NEED to have this one unless I can get it at a good price or find a trading partner that isn't asking for the moon for one.

My take on cutting it open is that if it doesn't work, it's not worth as much as if it does. However, if you can find a way to make it work, even by cutting it open it will be worth less. In the end, I think it evens out to be pretty close to the same amount. I wouldn't mind having one that's been altered to work, and one that doesn't as a reserve.

When they first came out in 2009, they were selling for near 300. that price has come down, but I can see someone pulling the trigger in the last few minutes if no one else has bid yet.

I also think that the overall value of Brewers bobbleheads have gone down about 15 - 20% in the last few years outside of maybe the Attanasio, or Bernie Brewer 2004 birthday.

Yeah, the values have come down, but I don't view that as a bad thing. I don't collect them for the value, I just like the stupid things. If that allows me to get them cheaper, so be it!

:)

Archived