Brewer Fanatic

Apple TV and MLB TV

RobDeer 45

It seems to me that Roku is more customizable and offers more services while Apple TV is easier to use.

I don't own the Apple TV, but I do own the Roku and couldn't imagine it any more easy to use for its intended purposes. It's a simple device that does what it's suppose to very well. Getting into customizing it to play files located elsewhere on your network (which appears to be native in Apple TV) is when you gotta jump through hoops, but everything I use that's officially offered through Roku works just great.

I did this last year and it was great. Much cheaper and the best part is because I spend my summers in Montana (nice being a teacher), I can take my MLB package with me, whereas with DirecTv I'd have to pay in each place

I did this last year and it was great. Much cheaper and the best part is because I spend my summers in Montana (nice being a teacher), I can take my MLB package with me, whereas with DirecTv I'd have to pay in each place

Just curious, did you use a Roku?

I think you can get around paying for Directv in two places by bringing your box from your house to MT. As long as you have a sattelite there, all you need to do is hook up your box and everything is the same. No need for two sattelite bills. Not sure if you are doing that but thought I'd give you a heads up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived