Brewer Fanatic

Valentine's Day Gifts

jjgott

You put her name on the shirsey? If you put a Brewer name on the back, you have to tell us which player.

The hawing household doesn't do Valentine's Day. The S.O.'s birthday was a couple of weeks ago and mine is next week. So there are times I point out that it's the (approximate) 10-day warning for birthday gifts.

Edit: Tonight the S.O. killed one of those ugly zillion legged horrible bugs that was poised to leap on me as I went down the basement stairs. So I'm going to count that as a good Valentine's Day deed.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I miss Rocky's pizza so much. That heart shaped pizza just about made me cry!

We are working the concession stand for the high school bball game tonight. We have to earn 2 "concession points", so the kiddo can go on the band trip in April. This was the only day left when we dragged our feet in signing up. Romance in the air, selling candy and popcorn to the 7 people that will show up to watch tonight.

Flowers delivered to her at work. I've found that, while most girls think it's corny, there's nothing like getting flowers at work when the rest of the girls don't (especially when all of her co-workers are female).

Oh, and chocolate-covered strawberries. I got them for her on our first Valentine's Day together, and now NOT getting them for her on Valentine's Day is grounds for divorce.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Some time ago I had a February 14 dental cleaning, and all the hygienists could talk about was their Valentine's Day gifts. Everyone got a bouquet of flowers except one hygienist who got an orchid plant. She was mortified, because it wasn't what everyone else got. I tried to tell her that her sweetie was thinking outside the box and orchids are pretty and an actual plant would be longer lasting, but nothing would convince her.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Last year, I did flowers and dipped strawberries from http://www.berries.com/

Scored huge on both the selection and the surprise factor (normally we do simple gifts instead). I wouldn't order them often, but they were excellent... Look for a coupon on the web, they have lots of special offers.

This year, its a cute snuggling puppies card and a bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups.

You put her name on the shirsey? If you put a Brewer name on the back, you have to tell us which player.

She wanted her name on the back of the shirsey so I complied with that request. Her favorite number is 14 (So she is secretly rocking a Branyan shirsey).

the cake she loves most and "mamma mia" blue ray.

Also went with the Blu-Ray idea... but Adele's concert at Royal Albert Hall.

EDIT: Also, someone needs to step up & remember to bump this thread... in, oh, say mid-January 2013 :)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived