Brewer Fanatic

Kansas City

Storm

We attended a Royals game in KC in 2003 and are considering going back this year for the Brewers series. My memory is of a huge parking lot - it's shared with the Royals' and Chiefs' facilities. We arrived early for the game we attended because we were determined to get the giveaway t-shirt (40,000 given away in 40 minutes), so parking was definitely plentiful when we arrived, but I don't remember any particular delay getting out.

We didn't buy our tickets all that early, so we were under an overhang. This would have been nice had it been raining, but did obstruct our view of the scoreboard. The stadium has also been renovated since we were there. So I'd welcome viewpoints on where it's good to sit.

The other thing I remember about that night was the Royals had at least 12 hits, which meant fans could redeem their ticket stub for a free dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. We didn't redeem ours, but was that fanbase ever psyched when the Royals were at 11 hits for the night. Then they went ca-ray-zay. I still have the T-shirt (powder blue retro look); in fact, I wore it the rest of the weekend that Greinke was acquired by the Brewers. Good times.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Anywhere in the first few rows of the upper deck are just fine for seating, if you're on a budget. I sat in the first row of the upper deck halfway down the first base line and it was great, then moved to behind the dugout for the last 2 innings. I believe most/all of the renovations Hawing mentioned were for outfield seating.

The parking lot there is huge, don't worry about that. We got there only about 20 minutes before the game and were able to park. Obviously we didn't tailgate, but someone had told me that they don't allow grills on the concrete. I'd verify that, but if true, note that you'll want to be parked near a grassy area if you want to grill out.

EDIT: There isn't much around the stadium. It's not one that you'll find a bar or restaurant nearby for before the game, and then walk there. You'll have to drive in.

We were just there this past August. Parking is not a problem at all. Kaufman is situated sort of like Miller Park, in that there isn't really anything else to do nearby. They have tailgating, but I don't know the exact rules. If you are bringing kids, the Royals have a pretty amazing child play area.

If you go to a day game, be careful what seats you get. We had excellent seats behind home plate, but would have baked in the sun if we sat there the whole game. We ended up wandering around the stadium instead, which was fine.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Thanks for the information.

Hopefully the KC fans are as good as the St. Louis fans were last year. The couple we sat next to, visit Miller Park twice a year and were very enjoyable to spend the evening with. True baseball fans. Cannot say that about the Cubs fans we have sat by at Wrigley.

I've enjoyed visiting this site over the years.

The stadium complex is on the outskirts of town a la Miller Park. Huge parking lot and Kansas City fans are very cool, possibly the friendliest opposing fans I've encountered. Great food too, but I found downtown K.C. to be pretty dead.

There's a ton of stuff to do around the Power and Light District.

Also, if you like BBQ, visit Arthur Bryant's (basically the original BBQ place in Kansas City), but go during the day.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived