Brewer Fanatic

Cespedes to Oakland

Oldcity
He just hit a monster, and I mean MONSTER, bomb to straight away CF. It's incredibly difficult to hit the ball out at night at the O.co and he hit it all the way up by the suites in CF. Look for it on the highlight shows.

wow, I did NOT see that one coming from anywhere at all. Oakland was probably THE last team I would have guessed would be in on him.

It sure seemed like Miami was going to get him.

Oakland to me seems like the FIRST place I'd expect him to go. They certainly haven't shied away from large signing bonuses for unproven Latin American/Cuban talent.

It seems to be the way they choose to take their risks. I know Michael Iona I believe it was, was just another guy they outbid everyone else for. Now that's a slightly different situation, that was like 4+ million, but it was also for a yount pitcher with projectability.

Cespedes is a 26 year old man ready to break out in the big leagues and thrive in the big leagues right out of the gate. Not in 2 yeaers or 3, but right now.

Just seems to fall in line with Oakland's philosophy.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

He just hit a monster, and I mean MONSTER, bomb to straight away CF. It's incredibly difficult to hit the ball out at night at the O.co and he hit it all the way up by the suites in CF. Look for it on the highlight shows.

WOW. You weren't kidding.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_04_06_seamlb_oakmlb_1&mode=recap_home&c_id=oak#gid=2012_04_06_seamlb_oakmlb_1&mode=video

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

As someone who watches the A's as much as I can, I am really excited to watch him play every day. He's very raw but he definitely looks like he has major league ability at this point. At least there will probably be one bright spot to watch at the O.co this season.

Community Moderator
He just hit another bomb. He absolutely smoked the ball to CF. The guy may hit under .250, but I have a feeling he is going to have one heck of a highlight reel by seasons end.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think he could hit around .260 this year. He generally hits the ball with authority, though he hacks quite a bit. As far as his defense goes, I haven't seen him have enough chances to form any opinion on him. To me, Crisp wasn't a good enough CF to not let Cespedes play there if that was what he wanted in order to sign with the A's. And Crisp has a total rag arm. Atrocious.

• 5 months later...
Cespedes has been better than I expected and I was never as down on Beane as others were for his offseason but this season the A's had is most likely just a fluke. Every year a few playoff teams play 10 games over their head and this year it was the A's and Orioles. Last year it was teams like the Brewers and even moreso the Diamondbacks.

love the A's making the playoffs because it puts more strength into them getting a new damn stadium!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived