Brewer Fanatic

Greedo is the most inept bounty hunter ever.

logan82

George Lucas says Greedo shot first. Seriously? Greedo was like 3 feet away pointing his blaster at Han and he missed. I am surprised Greedo didn't accidentally shoot himself.

"The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV,

what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset

people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first

in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn't. It

had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what

to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that

Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han

shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned

him down."

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

With each passing year, George Lucas manages to piss me off just a little bit more.

Last year it was having the gall to make the prequels available separately for purchase on the BluRay release, as if anyone in their right mind would want to own footage of Jar Jar Binks and the wooden puppets that portrayed Anakin in lieu of the hacked up original trilogy. It was bad enough he had to package them all together, but I'll let that one slide.

This now is just stupid. Infinitely more stupid than arguing about it, which is ridiculous in its own right but what else is there to do on a night like tonight, is the attempt to convey that a point-blank shot misses Solo and makes nary a sound. Oh, okay. Greedo is the George Lucas of bounty hunters.

I've said this before, but I really am done with you George Lucas.

People who
alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an
exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue
to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric
society. The preservation of our cultural heritage may not seem to be as
politically sensitive an issue as "when life begins" or "when it
should be appropriately terminated," but it is important because it goes
to the heart of what sets mankind apart. Creative expression is at the core of
our humanness. Art is a distinctly human endeavor. We must have respect for it
if we are to have any respect for the human race.

These current
defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can
add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace,
and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright
holder. Tommorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with
"fresher faces," or alter dialogue and change the movement of the
actor's lips to match. It will soon be possible to create a new
"original" negative with whatever changes or alterations the
copyright holder of the moment desires.

Most of you already know this, but this was part of a testimony that George Lucas gave before congress in 1988 after Ted Turner bought up old film libraries and began re-releasing black and white classics in color for profit. Basically, 1988 George Lucas would be pretty pissed at current day George Lucas. I can't explain in words how much my blood boils to see Hayden Christensen at the end of Return of the Jedi. It doesn't even make sense! What, he didn't age at all? In the afterlife, do we take on a younger form? Then why not have Ewan McGregor superimposed at the end as Obi-Wan Kenobi and a less than 900 year old Yoda? AGH!

Gruber Lawffices

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

how much my blood boils to see Hayden Christensen at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Having recently purchased the BlueRay set of videos, I sat down with my kids to watch this one (started with IV and V before on DVD). I pretty much said the same thing to my wife at the end. I suppose it was to indicate that since he was disfigured by the dark side of the force it was to "undo" the damage. But still, it was pretty silly.

As for Han Solo and Greedo, there are two distinct audible shots in the clip. I always thought it was Greedo that drew his gun first, but Han was quicker on the draw. So when Greedo was shot, he instinctively fired before he had the gun fully aimed (explaining the easy miss). Basically an old west gun fight set in the future...

I always thought it was Greedo that drew his gun first, but Han was quicker on the draw.

Greedo has his gun drawn and pointed at Han through the whole conversation.

So when Greedo was shot, he instinctively fired before he had the gun fully aimed (explaining the easy miss).

Just to clarify and please correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you are saying Han shot Greedo then Greedo shot his blaster.

I blame Wang.

Seriously. Han smooth talked him, then flat out wasted him.

And THIS is why Han is amazing. To claim he wasn't planning on taking out Greedo... the scene is great thanks to the shot of him slowly moving for his gun, & unbuttoning the holster. Then he gets the drop on Greedo. Boom.

I tried to hold off from commenting, don't feed the trolls/Lucases, etc. Oh well. Stop trying to ruin these movies, George!

EDIT: I think the crazy thing is that with how motivated by sales Lucas seems to be, he somehow ignores what a moneymaker just re-releasing the remastered original trilogy would be.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Greedo has his gun drawn and pointed at Han through the whole conversation.

Just to clarify and please correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you are saying Han shot Greedo then Greedo shot his blaster.

I knew Greedo's gun was out, but I thought when he sits down that he relaxes and doesn't point it directly at him anymore. I could be remembering it wrong...

For the second part, yes, I'm saying Han shot first (quicker on the draw), but that Greedo has made his move to shoot Han first. He was just slower. Again, going off memory or maybe my expectations of what did/should have happened.

Jengo Fett wasn't all that brilliant either. He barely fends off Obi-wan when Obi-wan loses his light saber. Then he decides to fight Mace Windu in close quarters? All of his weapons are distant weapons (guns mainly), while Mace had his light saber. Dude should have been running

I knew Greedo's gun was out, but I thought when he sits down that he relaxes and doesn't point it directly at him anymore. I could be remembering it wrong...

He may have.

For the second part, yes, I'm saying Han shot first (quicker on the draw), but that Greedo has made his move to shoot Han first. He was just slower. Again, going off memory or maybe my expectations of what did/should have happened.

Gredo definitely shoots first in the special edition.

Jengo Fett wasn't all that brilliant either. He barely fends off Obi-wan when Obi-wan loses his light saber. Then he decides to fight Mace Windu in close quarters? All of his weapons are distant weapons (guns mainly), while Mace had his light saber. Dude should have been running

I have to give the guy a pass. He was fighting a Jedi. Not one of the original trilogy Jedi, an actual trained Jedi. He would have escaped Mace if his jetpack had not been damaged.

I blame Wang.

Archived